Natural Make Up

13:28



Basically, these are the products I use on really good skin days (rare) or just lazy make up days, when I don't want a full face of make up.





Base: For my base, I start with Maybelline Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream in Light. This product makes a lot of promises on its petite packaging; it claims to have an SPF 30, to blur imperfections and hydrate the skin all day, as well as much more. The coverage of this product is very light indeed - I usually use this as a primer under my foundation, but as I said, on good skin days it does the job as a foundation on its own. It does give the skin a dewy finish, and makes you look more fresh faced and awake, which is nice! On top of this, I use Rimmel's famous Stay Matte 'long lasting' pressed powder in 001 Transparent. This product has been so raved about I don't think I have to say too much about it. I use the Transparent shade so it doesn't change the colour of my make up. I have combination skin - oily T-Zone, so adolescent - so this is a godsend. It does a good job at mattifying my foundation and is indeed long lasting. I only use my fingers when applying the BB Cream because it goes on so well that way; I use my favourite Real Techniques brush, the Buffing Brush, when applying the powder.
Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream, €11.99, Boots; Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, €5.99, Boots; Real Techniques Buffing Brush, €28.99, Boots - can only be purchased as part of Core Collection.




Eyes: As this is a natural look, I don't bother with eye shadows or eye liner, I just want defined, yet natural looking lashes. Rimmel's Glam'Eyes Waterproof Mascara does this perfectly - the brush is plastic and very thin, and I don't need to use an awful lot of product to achieve fluttery, defined lashes. Now don't expect miracles with this one - it doesn't provide much in terms of volume, it just defines the lashes nicely and naturally. For eyebrows, I am devoted to Rimmel's Professional Eyebrow Pencil in 001 Dark Brown. When I'm doing a natural make up look, I don't go crazy shading and shaping my eyebrows obviously, I just fill them in slightly to make them a little more defined - but still natural looking. This pencil has a little brush on the end too, which always comes in handy.
Rimmel Glam'Eyes Waterproof Mascara, €8.95, Boots (although I'm not sure if they still sell this!); Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil, €4.65, Boots


It looks slightly orangey with the lighting, but it's actually very pink



Lips: Usually when I'm doing this look, I'm not bothered with (i.e. too lazy for) lipstick, so I just use Vaseline's Lip Therapy in Rosy Lips. I'm devoted to this product too - it's an absolute necessity. It does an excellent job of hydrating and moisturising the lips, and this Rosy Lips version is ever so slightly pigmented so it gives a 'your lips but better' kind of look. It contains almond oil, which is rich with vitamins and is good for chapped or cracked skin - thus a necessity in the winter months.
Vaseline Rosy Lips, €1.49, Penneys - you can find this pretty much anywhere though!

There! Those are my 'lazy / natural' make up faves - can you recommend any others?

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow