Review // Barry M Red Wine

14:31


 Last week I found myself stuck in a nail paint rut – my small, yet colourful collection was lacking in any sort of red shade, and I was convinced that I needed a red nail paint for a night out, to go with my outfit. You all know how it is.

So lo and behold, next thing you know I'm wandering through the familiar aisles of my local Boots, in pursuit of a deep red nail varnish. After much lamentation at the Essie stand (why so expensive??), I returned to good old Barry M.

I've always loved Barry M’s nail paints, be they the regular ones, or the superb Hi Shine Gelly ones. So I picked up Red Wine from their regular collection, and wasn't disappointed.

This shade is what it is – red, plain and simple. I applied two coats and it was pretty much opaque, which is brilliant because I get so frustrated painting my nails that having to do any more than two coats is a major pain in the neck. I did expect this one to be a bit more of a burgundy colour - however, I'm still happy with how it turned out.
Excuse the not so good paintwork - it's a task I've yet to master

I find that nail paints from this collection last for five days or so without chipping (and without a clear topcoat – I forgot to apply one this time, whoops!). However, if that’s not long enough for you, I definitely recommend the Hi Shine Gelly collection. The formula is slightly thicker and as expected, very shiny.

I however, am happy out with Red Wine and can’t complain.


You can find this polish in Boots stores for €4.59.

What are your favourite Barry M products?

xoxoxo

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow