Empties #1

15:16


After giving our apartment a good oul' clean out, I came across a number of empty bottles and whatnot of products I've been using regularly in the last few months. Before throwing them out for good, I thought I'd give them a little review on this blog. Enjoy!


I really like the idea of "Empties" posts - they give you a chance to give better reviews because you've used the product over a long period of time. So, I'll probably have these kind of posts as a regular feature from here on. Now, on with the post:

Vaseline Lip Therapy - Aloe Vera
This little gem is an absolute staple for me - I cannot go a day without reaching for this little pot of goodness! The aloe vera in this product is good for chapped lips, and this product is always very hydrating and moisturising on the lips too. They're a definite essential all year round, but particularly in the coming months because the cold is so harsh on our skin.
Would I Repurchase? Already have - I'm using the Rosy Lips version at the minute and loving it. These are brilliant value for money, so cheap and cheerful!
Vaseline Lip Therapy - you can buy these almost anywhere, but they sell them in Penneys for only €1.49, amazing!


Soap & Glory Glad Hair Day Conditioner

First of all, this product smells HEAVENLY. It claims to have all sorts of goodness in it, including raspberry fruit vinegar, shea butter, panthenol, phytantriol and glycerin. You might be wondering what the heck those last three are, but apparently all of these ingredients are there to help detangle, gloss, protect and strengthen your hair. Now, Soap & Glory are definitely one of my favourite brands - although I've yet to try their cosmetics - but I've heard nothing but good things about them. I picked this hair conditioner up a few months ago, and have really liked using it. For one, it always left my hair smelling amazing and fruity. Not only that, but I really think it did strengthen my hair and detangle it and all the rest. I used this on the ends of my hair every time I washed it. Two little bonuses of this product: the no build up formula, so you can keep using it (if you use it on your roots), and the pretty packaging!
Would I Repurchase? - Maybe sometime - right now I'm working through a really good leave-in conditioner that will probably end up in my next Empties post - stay tuned!
Soap & Glory Glad Hair Day Conditioner for fine to normal hair types, €7.75 in Boots

TreSemmé Split Remedy Split Mend Shampoo

I've always been a big fan of TréSemme's products - their Deep Cleansing shampoo is one of my favourites. I thought I'd try this one out, because the ends of my hair are quite damaged and dry. As much as I wanted to like this product, I'm not sure if it really did wonders for my hair. It claims to "cleanse and restore" the hair - cleanse it did, but restore? I'm not too sure. Maybe it works better with the accompanying conditioner?
Would I Repurchase? - Maybe. I like trying out different shampoos and experimenting a bit, so probably not any time soon.
TreSemmé Split Remedy Shampoo, €6.69 in Boots

Batiste Dry Shampoo - Tropical & Blush

These are such a staple for me - I honestly can't go without them. Batiste's dry shampoos work a charm - all you have to do is spray them on your roots, massage the product through with your fingertips (to eliminate the greyness, probably) and voilá! You're good to go. These dry shampoos come in several different scents and types. I've only ever tried Tropical (a "coconut and exotic" scent) and Blush (a "floral and flirty" scent). I think I prefer Blush - but I'm definitely going to try some different scents because they're always releasing new ones. They also come in several different sizes - plus there are specific ones for different hair colours and types, although I haven't tried any of those yet.
Would I Repurchase? - Always. They're an absolute essential, and they're really cheap too. You really can't go wrong with these.
You can buy these in a lot of places too, from Boots to Tesco, but I buy mine in Penneys for €2.35

Simple Kind To Skin Soothing Facial Toner

Another staple for me - I love Simple's products. I use this every day after I've washed my face or used cleanser. What I love about Simple is that their products really are "kind to skin" - there's no artificial perfumes or colours in them that could upset your skin. They're 100% alcohol free and have lots of vitamins and ingredients that are good for your skin. The toner leaves my skin feeling really fresh and clean after using it, and it helps to keep my skin clear.
Would I Repurchase? - Already have!
Simple Kind to Skin Soothing Facial Toner, €4.49 Boots


Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

If you're familiar with the world of beauty blogging, then you've definitely heard about this product. Rimmel's Stay Matte powder is definitely a well-raved about product, but don't let the hype put you off. It's most certainly worth it. Stay Matte mattifies the skin and eliminate any dreaded shininess, which is a god-send if you've got oily skin - plus it doesn't leave your skin looking 'cakey'.
Would I Repurchase? Yes x1000; if they ever discontinue this product I'll be gutted!
Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder, €5.99 RRP

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow