My Simple Skincare Routine

13:12



This post is so called for two reasons - 1) my skincare routine consists entirely of Simple products and 2) my skincare routine is really simple!

Please note that I am by no means a skincare expert; I use these products because they work really well with my skin and there's not a whole lot to my routine!

Also, my skin is a combination of oily and "normal" - I rarely have dry skin, it's mostly just oily. If you have a similar skin type, or an interest in these products, then read on!


Deep Cleansing
I deep cleanse my face as often as possible - usually once a day. For this, I use Simple's Spotless Skin Triple Action Facial Wash. This is a gel like product, with exfoliating microbeads. They are really tiny - it doesn't feel like it's doing much for your skin whilst you're using it, but the results are noticeable. This facial wash promises "results from day one" - I did notice an improvement in my skin the day after I first used it. However, it did break me out eventually, and then cleared my skin up. I noticed it definitely reduced blemishes and redness and after about a week, cleared my skin right up. Hurray! It also leaves your skin feeling really clean afterwards - some might say it even leaves it feeling a bit tight, but that's probably due to the presence of witch hazel in the product. Witch Hazel is good for cleansing pores and tightening them; so a dream ingredient if you've got large pores! There's also chamomile in this wash, so the exfoliating microbeads don't have a chance at irritating your skin, as the chamomile is very soothing.


Cleansing / Make-Up Removal
If I'm feeling particularly lazy, or I've done my deep cleansing for the day, I reach for Simple's Kind To Skin Purifying Cleansing Lotion. This is a creamy product that's really good for cleaning your skin, and removing make up. I apply this with a cotton wool pad (or three, depending on how much make-up there is to remove!) and wipe my face clean with upwards and outwards motions.


Polishing / Toning
After I've used either of the above two products, I move on to toning. I use Simple's Kind To Skin Soothing Facial Toner. I've mentioned this product briefly before in an 'Empties' post (here). Basically, this product cleans up any excess dirt or make-up you might have missed in the cleansing process, then tightens your pores. It too has witch hazel, and I find my skin always feels really clean after using this - even if all I've done is wipe my makeup off and slap on some toner. This product is really good at getting rid of blemishes and redness too.


Moisturising
As I said earlier, I do have oily/combination skin, and therefore I tend not to moisturise too often, because it leaves my skin feeling rather greasy and ... not nice. However, on the odd occasion that I feel my skin does need that little bit more moisture, I use Simple's Kind To Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser. Although this claims to be a light moisturiser, I find sometimes it can be a little too heavy for my skin. So I apply this minimally - if you've got normal or dry skin, you'll probably love this product.


Eye Make-Up Removal
When it comes to eye make-up removal, the -- cleanser isn't so good - it's really just for your face. So a couple of months ago I bought Simple's Kind To Eyes Eye Make-Up Remover, to give it a whirl. As much as I hate to admit it, this is probably my least favourite of all of Simple's products that I've tried. It is very good at removing eye make-up, don't get me wrong - although waterproof mascara might be a little tough to budge. However, I find that sometimes (not always!) this product can irritate my eyes a little bit, which is really disappointing, considering the "kind to eyes" claim. Perhaps it's just me? Have I overly sensitive eyes? Haha. 

And there you have it - my super simple skin care routine. I hope you've found this post useful / helpful - if you've got oily/combination skin, I suggest you do try some of these products out; they've worked wonders for me. What's even better is that they're so good for such a student-budget-friendly price! If you've already tried any of these, or have any other Simple products to recommend, let me know in the comments section; I'd love to read your suggestions! If you've tried the eye make-up remover, tell me what you think.

You can purchase any of the products mentioned in Boots, Superdrug and most supermarkets.

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow