Review // Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer // Eclipse

10:10



Hello everyone!

Today I'm bringing you a review of one of the new Rimmel Apocalips shades released for AW13. When these lip lacquers (a lipgloss / lipstick hybrid) came on the scene in early 2013, makeup lovers and beauty bloggers alike went absolutely crazy for them. I, however, have only managed to get my hands on one now. A few weeks ago I picked up one of the newly released shades, 'Eclipse', a beautiful, deep, sultry berry toned red - your typical autumn / winter shade. Judging by the colour shown on the packaging, I thought this lip lacquer would have had more of a purpley tone, but it's actually really close to Rimmel's famous 107 lipstick from Kate Moss' Lasting Finish Matte collection.

As you can see from the photos, my lip lacquer is looking a little worse for wear. That's because it managed to accompany me on a night out to a UV paint party before I'd gotten the chance to photograph it, so apologies for the not-so-great photos haha..

Anyway, as I said earlier, this is a beautiful, deep sultry berry red colour. It does kind of have a strange scent.. Rimmel seem to have a habit of scenting their products, which can either be really nice or absolutely horrible. This isn't that pleasant, but don't worry, the scent doesn't last, and it's totally worth it because these lip lacquers are brilliant. Yes, there was obviously reason behind the serious hype around their initial release. The product glides on the lips like a lipgloss, then dries slightly to a glossy-lipstick like finish. Once it has dried on your lips, it's pretty much there to stay! When I wore it out, I didn't have to top it up once, it was that good. 



The only slight problems I'd have with this product is that the colour displayed on the packaging isn't really true to the actual shade of the product, and the scent. I don't know if it shows up that clearly in the photos, but there is a slightly more purple tone to the colour on the packaging. I know, silly me, I should have swatched it in Boots, really. Had I known it was going to be so close to the 107 lipstick, I probably wouldn't have been as enticed to buy it, and probably would've gone for one of the nude shades. However, the finish of Eclipse is totally different to that of 107 - the former, glossy and the latter is matte. So if you want a glossy berry lip for autumn winter, I strongly suggest you give Eclipse a whirl!


All in all, this is a wonderful product. The quality of the lip lacquer, its amazing staying power, the finish, the shade, even the name itself are all wonderful! I'm definitely going to try more from this range - here's looking at you, Nude Eclipse.

Have you tried any of the Rimmel Apocalips lip lacquers? Any favourites? Let me know in the comments!


xxx
Ciara


I'd also just like to add here - apologies for my erratic posting schedule; things have been pretty hectic the last few weeks with college and exams and assignments and all that, but I'm on my holidays now so posts should be more frequent! Thanks for bearing with me! You can always follow me on Bloglovin' (link in sidebar) to keep up with my posts, or on Twitter or Instagram; I usually tweet whenever I publish a new post. My username for both is @_ciararara 

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow