Top Three: Hair Heroes

19:48

This month in the Top Three series, I bring you my current three favourite hair products.


Argan Oil Hair Treatment

As you've probably seen in this post, last month, I ombréd my hair. And let me tell you - it absolutely wrecks the ends of your hair. If you want to ombré, you have to be prepared to make sacrifices... or improve your hair care routine, pronto! A friend of mine got me this little miracle worker, and I've since spotted it in a discount shop - they were selling a larger bottle for about €3, and the RRP was €5.99 or so. You could be lucky and just stumble across it somewhere, but there are several products like this available for a wide range of prices. I've heard wondrous things about the famous Moroccan Oil ranges, but also good things about a brand of argan oil you can purchase in Penneys / Primark, so I'd suggest trying the cheaper option before splurging €30 on the Moroccan Oil version - you could just be lucky!
Anyway, I use a few drops of this oil on the ends of my hair when it's damp, then just blow-dry and style as normal, and voilà! Lovely smooth, healthy looking hair.
You have to be careful about how much you use, though - a drop too much and you could have greasy ends for the rest of the day, which isn't overly pleasant.
(If you are looking out for this product, note it comes in a little dark brown and olive green box; I just didn't have mine at hand when I was taking these photos!)

Bumble and Bumble Thickening Hairspray

This little bottle was free with an issue of Elle magazine over the summer, either July or August. I didn't use it for absolutely ages at first, because the smell of it is awful. Seriously, it reminds me of a really foul medicine I had when I was little. For that reason, B&B's thickening hairspray found itself shoved to the back of the shelf and it wasn't until a few weeks ago that I decided I'd give it a proper go. I spray this onto my hair when it's wet, and then blowdry it, which totally eliminates the smell. This stuff really does work wonders though - my hair feels much thicker and looks more voluminous after using it. If only it just smelled a little nicer! It's definitely been useful this last while because as my hair's getting longer, the layers are growing out and it's getting flatter, which is annoying! So this little gem always comes in handy when my hair needs a bit of a boost.
The full size version (250ml as opposed to this 50ml bottle) is €26 in Boots; this 50ml bottle is €8. Yes, they're pricey, and I probably won't be rushing out to buy a new bottle once this one's gone, but it is a very good high end product.

Boots Coconut & Almond Leave In-Conditioner (Normal to Dry Hair)

Now for a more student-budget friendly option! I think I might have mentioned this before in my first Empties post here. I picked this up after my old Soap & Glory hair conditioner ran out. I read a few reviews beforehand, and there were quite a few good ones - I didn't really have much to lose, as this only cost €1.99 in Boots! The quality of this product definitely surprised me, simply because it was so cheap. I've been using this since before I ombréd my hair, and after the first few days, I started getting comments on how healthy my hair was looking! I just spray this generously all over my hair when it's wet and blowdry it. It has quite a nice, fresh smell of coconuts and almonds (obviously). These two ingredients are, of course, very good for your hair - the coconut makes it soft and healthy, and the almond has numerous vital ingredients, like vitamin E, that are so good for your hair's health. I must say I was rather surprised at how good this product is, it's an absolute bargain!
If you're looking for a good leave-in conditioner and don't want to break the bank, or are simply curious about this product, I say go for it! For €1.99, you haven't a lot to lose.

There you have it! My December Top Three. What are your favourite hair products? Have you tried any of these, and have any thoughts you'd like to share? Let me know below. I read and appreciate every comment!

xxx
Ciara

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow