My *New* Skincare Routine for 2014

12:48

Just a head's up here, folks: in case you're wondering why there's so few products this time around, there are others in my routine - I'm not including them this time, however, because they're from my previous skincare routine post (here), and I didn't see the point in reviewing them again. If you're wondering what they are, they are the Simple Kind to Skin Soothing Facial Toner, the Simple Kind to Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser and the Simple Kind to Eyes Eye Make Up Remover.

For this post, I'm just focusing on the new additions to my skincare routine, and what's changed, to save a really long rambley post! As you can see, I've changed cleansers and added something extra to my routine.

One of my beauty resolutions for 2014 was to up my game in terms of skincare. I may have mentioned this before, but basically I went out and bought some new products to try out - to go that little bit further. Yes, it might cost a little extra, buying new and possibly more expenisve skincare products, but in the long run this would save me money in terms of buying foundations and concealers i.e. I wouldn't need as much.

Anyway, let's crack on with the post!


Soap & Glory Peaches and Clean 3-in-1 Wash Off Deep Purifying Cleanser

What a name! I've been using this cleansing milk almost religiously throughout January, and have fallen head-over-heels in love with it. It smells amazing - like peaches, of course, and works a charm in improving my skin's condition. It reduces redness, blemishes and imperfections, whilst eliminating blackheads and cleaning out pores. It's wonderful! I use this at least once a day - first I rinse my face with warm water to open my pores, then apply this, leave it for 3 - 5 minutes then wash it off. My skin feels super clean and smells gorgeous afterwards. However - it's recommended to use this only once a day, and here's why. It's quite a strong cleanser when left on for quite a while. (Note: you don't have to use it as a mask, you can just apply and wash off). It just so happens that last night I left it on for longer than I should have and it left some redness around my nose, which didn't feel too pleasant. This is an 'all skin types' cleanser, so I think I generally get away with using it twice a day purely because I have oily skin. It's a great cleanser, regardless, and definitely worth a purchase.




Vichy Calming Cleansing Micellar Solution

This is the first micellar water I've ever tried, and I can easily see what the attraction is! You apply this to a cotton wool pad and then remove your makeup in a few swipes. It's so simple and convenient, and I for one am loving it. This particular product, the Vichy Micellar Solution, is suitable for sensitive skin and eyes. It has a lovely clean, fresh scent and leaves your skin feeling nice and clean. Generally, I use this to remove makeup and then use the Peaches and Clean cleanser to deep-clean my pores. If I'm having a lazy night, or have just arrived in from a night out, I'll use this alone and then apply some toner. It's a great product, I can't fault it really!

After I've used both of these, I apply Simple Kind to Skin Soothing Facial Toner with a cotton wool pad, and then Simple Kind to Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser - I have been using moisturiser a lot more regularly over the last month. Winter weather hasn't been too kind to my skin, and this is light enough to leave my skin feeling soft and nourished without feeling greasy.



Simple Spotless Skin Rapid Action Spot Zapper

This is the 'little something extra' I've added to my routine - I thought it looked interesting and since I've been such a devottee to Simple products over the last few years, it couldn't hurt to give it a try! I really like this product - the little tube has a targeted roll on applicator on the end. You just apply to spots and blemishes and let the magic happen. Ingredients include: Zinc PCA which absorbs excess oils from the problem area, chamomile to soothe, witch hazel to tone and tighten pores and lavender, which calms and reduces redness. I've noticed a reduction in redness and blemishes a day after using this. It works best when you apply this to a spot as soon as it appears, and keep applying under it's totally gone. The little tube is handy for popping into your handbag and taking with you. If you suffer from spot-prone skin, definitely give this a go. It's brilliant!

That's it for my skincare routine - you can read my old post here, as there are a few products in that that I still use, as explained above.

Have you updated your skincare routine for 2014? What products are you loving?

xo







You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow