Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream

14:27

BB and CC Creams have been quite the sensation over the last year or so in the world of beauty. I haven't yet tried ventured down the CC Cream route, but I have been using the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream for quite a while.

I use the shade Light. This BB Cream makes quite a lot of promises: an instant fresh-faced glow, SPF 30, all day hydration, imperfections blurred, non-greasy, oil free, a visibly smooth appearance etc. etc. Obviously, I can't question the SPF element; it's there. SPF's good for protecting your skin from UV rays, as we all probably know.


I usually use this as a primer, before applying foundation. It does blur imperfections, as implied. The coverage is very light, but it does reduce the appearance of blemishes and imperfections slightly. Being an oily skinned gal, if I was wearing this on its own, I would use powder, but for those with dry skin, you shouldn't need to powder and may even find it slightly hydrating.

Light is a good match for my skin tone; when I'm wearing this alone on good skin days, it just makes my skin look better and smoother, but still natural.

Overall, I do like this product. As I said earlier, I use this as a primer mostly. If I'm feeling particularly brave, or just having a rare fab skin day, I'll use this alone, and powder a little. It's great as a primer, and I can't really fault it!

What are your opinions on BB creams? Have you tried Dream Fresh?

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow