Daily Face #1

10:18

I've wanted to do a Daily Face post (describing all the products I use on a daily basis, to create my everyday makeup look) for ages now and never seemed to get round to doing it. Well, I finally did and here it is: my daily face post! It's quite basic, simply what I wear on a day-to-day basis (which usually entails early starts and a few hours of college). 


Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in 51 Light Vanilla // Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in 01 True Ivory
Sleek Face Form Contouring Kit in Light // Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in 01 Transparent
Base: To create my base I use Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation in 51 Light Vanilla. I buff this into my skin using a Real Techniques Buffing Brush to create a smooth, even finish. This is a medium to full coverage foundation, so I don't need to use loads of concealer (unless my skin is dire), but when I do, I use Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer in 01 True Ivory (there isn't actually a name on the tube, but I remember it being called something along those lines; it's the lightest shade anyway). I also use this under my eyes to get rid of any dark circles. I set this all into place using Rimmel Stay Matte powder in 01 Transparent and the same buffing brush. This keeps everything in place and blots out any shininess for hours. To contour, I use the bronzer in the Sleek Face Form Contouring Kit (Light) and apply it beneath my cheekbones. I highlight using the highlighter from the same palette, along the tops of my cheekbones. I apply Sleek Rose Gold blush on the apples of my cheeks. To do all of this, I use a Real Techniques Contour brush.


Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam mascara & Thick 'n' Thin Liner
Rimmel Professional Eyebrow pencil in 001 Dark Brown // Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl pencil in 005 Nude
Eyes & Brows: On a day-to-day basis (and especially when I'm stuck for time), I keep things very minimal and simple on my eyes. This gives me leeway when it comes to lips - I can go as bright or as neutral as I like. I line my upper lash line with the Rimmel Scandaleyes Thick & Thin Liner which is an easy-to-use felt tip liner. I either line it very simply, or add a sixties style flick at the end, whatever takes my fancy. I coat my lashes with my favourite mascara, the Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam mascara, comb through them with a lash brush, and I'm good to go. Sometimes I'll line my waterline with the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal pencil in 005 Nude. This makes my eyes look that bit more open and awake, which is great for early morning starts. Finally, for my brows, I'll fill them in with the Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil in 001 Dark Brown and comb them with the little brush on the end. I hadn't noticed until I went to write this post how many Rimmel products I actually use when it comes to eye makeup, wow...


Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Sultry // Barry M Lip Gloss Wand in Toffee
Sultry // Toffee
Lips: For lips, it's going to be one of two options: bold or neutral. I generally don't like having really bold statement lips during the day, so I'd pick a matte option, i.e. the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Sultry, which is a deep brownish plum that isn't too in-your-face and works as an everyday colour. My current neutral pick is the Barry M Lip Gloss in Toffee - a gorgeous smelling nude lipgloss with a slight shimmer and hints of peach and pink.

And there you have it - my daily face! This turned out to be quite the lengthy post, but I hope ye all enjoyed it regardless! Sorry for the lack of blog post yesterday, by the way - this was supposed to go up but I haven't got the hang of scheduling yet, and I was away in town all day! Apologies!

Do you use any of these products on a daily basis? What are your go-to makeup products?

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow