Lush Cupcake Fresh Face Mask

12:08


My Lush obsession that began last month isn't showing any signs of ceasing - my latest purchase is this fresh face mask called Cupcake. I'd heard good things about Lush's fresh masks, and after a little research on their website, I decided Cupcake was going to be the one for me!


Marketed as "chocolate heaven for oily and teenage skin", this mask claims to "help absorb excess oils and calm breakouts". It seems like the perfect mask for oily skinned girls, right? Ingredients include cocoa butter, linseed, cocoa powder, peppermint, spearmint and sandalwood oils. This could also be the perfect mask for a chocoholic. It smells gorgeous and oh-so-yummy.



So, how does it work? Well, you apply this generously over the face - avoiding the eye area, obviously - and leave it to do its magic for ten to fifteen minutes. It gradually feels like its getting tighter - although not to the point where it's uncomfortable. Then you just wash it all away with warm water! Note: it takes quite a bit of effort to wash this mask off - being a fresh mud mask, it is quite messy.

Thus, does it work? I've used this mask four or five times over the last couple of weeks and I have noticed quite a significant change in my skin. For starters, it's not as oily - so the 'absorbing excess oils' claim is true. I've found that my t-zone isn't as oily, especially my forehead, and I'm reaching for powders less when I'm putting on makeup, simply because my skin isn't shine city!
As for calming breakouts, I have had a lot less trouble with my skin recently. It has calmed down quite a bit, redness has been reduced, etc. This could be down to a number of factors and changes in my skincare regime, but I'm sure using this mask regularly has also contributed.


These masks must be kept in the fridge and have a sell by date, so you might find yourself a little rushed to use it all up in time. Each tub contains 75g of product, which is about seven or eight masks, and at €8.95 a tub, you're paying roughly over a euro for each mask. Economically, these are so much more worthwhile than the likes of Montangne masks you buy at a euro a pop in Boots, because the fresh face masks are much more effective, and contain all natural and fresh ingredients. Cupcake is one of Lush's vegan masks. They're definitely worth the money - if you're not an oily skinned gal and need a bit of moisture, Lush cater for those with different skin types, so have a look on their website or ask instore, and you'll get what you're looking for!
Have you tried any Lush Fresh Face Masks?

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow