Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in Sultry

12:57


I've seen Revlon's ColorBurst balms being raved about on almost every beauty blog I read - both the matte and lacquer versions, and when I popped into Boots one afternoon and noticed they were running one of their massive 3 for 2 deals, well... couldn't resist.


I purchased one of the matte balms, in 225 Sultry. It's essentially a deep plum colour, with hints of brown and pink, that's not too in-your-face, thus can be worn both day and night. I was surprised to find that the balms have a peppermint scent - quite a nice touch, actually!

They're easy to apply - one swipe on the lips should have them totally opaque. I like the matte finish - it's more subtle and day-time appropriate than a full on glossy lip. I've become quite obsessed with sixties makeup lately, and have been wearing only flicked eyeliner and mascara on my eyes, and a lip colour like this is the perfect accompaniment. 


The end of the crayon is 'twistable', so no product gets wasted through sharpening. The packaging's quite nice too - a simple design, with a matte finish, appropriate considering the product itself is matte.


I must say, the formula of these crayons is something to be admired - the staying power is amazing; I find myself rarely having to top this up, even after five or six hours of wear, and after eating and drinking throughout those six hours. Remarkable! It's not overly drying either, which surprised me because matte lip products generally are. If you find it is though, it's nothing a slick of lip balm can't cure!

I can see why these lip crayons are so well loved on the blogosphere - a fantastic colour range, lovely formula and easy to use. I'm determined to try one of the lacquer balms now, having loved the matte one so much. I've got my eyes on Demure, and I think Elusive from the matte range is quite pretty too.

Have you tried the Revlon ColorBurst matte balms? Thoughts? xo

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow