The Edit: Nude Lips

11:57

Finding the perfect nude lip colour is an eternal struggle - I still haven't found the one, but on my journey, I've certainly discovered some gems.

First up is Benefit Dandelion Ultra Plush Lip Gloss. This is the most luxurious of my selection - it was a free sample with Elle magazine some months ago and I still haven't used it all up. Dandelion is a pretty peachy-pink nude that smells sweet and feels luxurious and creamy on the lips. A 15ml tube costs a staggering €21 at Debenhams, so not the most budget friendly... However, it's a gorgeous gloss that looks pretty either on its own or with a lipstick underneath - preferably a nude, peach or pink.

Secondly, we have a Rimmel Lasting Finish Kate Moss lipstick in 03. For the longest time, this was my go-to lip colour every day and I loved it immensely. Now, I still quite like it, but I find its a little too much on the brown-ish nude side of things to suit my lips - i.e. to give me the much sought after 'my lips but better' effect, which is essentially, what the perfect nude is all about. That being said, I'm quite close to finishing this lipstick, which is something I haven't done before! If you're looking for a nude that's more brown with hints of peach, 03 may be the one for you. At €6.99, it wouldn't hurt to try!

Finally, the newest nude in my stash, a Barry M Lip Gloss in Toffee. I've talked about this quite a bit recently, but if you somehow haven't seen it on the blog yet, it's basically a brownish peachy nude with a tiny bit of shimmer and an amazingly sweet toffee scent. It's actually quite close to 03 in the bullet, and I like pairing them together, for a Kim Kardashian-like nude lip. It's the cheapest of the lot, at €6.79, so again, quite budget friendly and worth a try.


L-R Benefit Dandelion, Rimmel 03, Barry M Toffee

Have you found the 'perfect nude' yet? Tried any of these? xo

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow