Barry M Aquarium Nail Effects Collection

11:50


On a recent trip to Superdrug, I found myself lured towards the Barry M section and discovered that they were running a 3 for 2 on all Barry M cosmetics - i.e. my favourite time to stock up on new nail polishes. Barry M recently launched their Aquarium Collection which features six gorgeous polishes - four two tone iridiscent / metallic colours and two chunky glitters - inspired by, well, mermaids! Each of the colours are named after the seas - Arabian, a metallic blue green, Mediterranean, a metallic pinky orange, Pacific, a shimmering two toned blue, and Caspian, a beautiful shimmery gold with a hint of pink.
The glitters are Treasure Chest, a fabulous chunky gold which will look fab on several nail colours, not just mermaid ones; and Mermaid, a chunky blue green, for a beautiful under-the-sea effect.

Anyway, whilst in Superdrug I purchased Arabian, Mediterranean and Treasure Chest, and I recently combined Arabian and Treasure Chest and here's the result:




How pretty is that?!
I've raved about these quite a bit over on Facebook and Instagram, and I can't quite get enough of them! I love the beautiful shimmery effect - they look truly amazing under any lighting. I'm dying to pick up the other three polishes next time a 3 for 2 rolls around, because they're just so so beautiful.

As for all the technical stuff, well, combined with a top coat, so far these have lasted five days with only minimal tip wear. Barry M's polishes do have excellent staying power. The formula is quite thin too, but you only need two coats for it to be totally opaque. The brushes on the polishes are just the right size so application is pretty mess free - and that's saying something, because I'm terrible at painting my nails. Sadly the brush on my Treasure Chest polish was a bit wonky, so it was a little difficult to spread the glitter evenly, but I'm sure I just got a dodgy one - the majority of the time they're perfectly fine!

If you haven't noticed already, I'm really and truly in love with the Aquarium collection - it's probably my favourite from Barry M yet.

Have you tried the Aquarium collection? Do mermaid-esque nails appeal to you? xo


Follow on Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow