Beauty Tips: How To Fake Awake

10:48


Being a college student means a lot of late nights and early mornings - especially coming up to exam time - and this often leads to tired looking eyes and skin; not a desirable look to say the least! Today I thought I'd share with you all my favourite ways to fake awakeness for those nasty 9am starts.

1. Nude / White Eyeliner

Taking a nude or white eyeliner and lining your waterline with it can make your eyes look wider, brighter and more awake. I personally love Rimmel's Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Pencil in 003 Nude, because it's got brilliant staying power and doesn't interfere or 'sting' my sensitive eyes (like other pencils have done!). They also do a white pencil, if you'd prefer a bolder look.

2. Illuminating Under Eye Concealer

A lack of sleep often leads to dark under eye circles the following morning. My favourite way to deal with this is by using a concealer with illuminating properties. A perfect high street example would be the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer - or the high end's beloved Yves-Saint Laurent Touch Éclat (which I've never tried, but alas, a gal can dream). Just blend the concealer in a v shape under your eyes for a brightening, awakening effect. I then like to take the famous Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in its lightest shade and apply it to the very inner corners of my eyes, then blend it. This always looks amazing and really opens up your whole eye area!

3. Bold, Bright Lips

I actually owe this tip to Alexa Chung - or should I say, her wonderful book It. She says that whenever she's had a late night and has tired looking eyes, she uses a slick of red lipstick to distract onlookers from her eyes. Now I know glossy red lips mightn't look appropriate on all of us at 9am, but I often use a matte plum/red (i.e. Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Matte in 107 Wine) or a pink. It distracts from tired eyes and dark circles by drawing all attention to your lips. Bright pinks would also be totally spring appropriate and brighten up your whole face.

4. Highlight, highlight, highlight!

Grab your favourite highlighter and get highlighting - the inner corners of your eyes (to make them look more awake), the brow bone (to make your eyes look wider) and the tops of the cheekbones (to enhance them but to also brighten up your face) are some of my favourite places to highlight. It'll brighten up your face and draw attention away from dull or tired looking skin. I use the highlighter from the Sleek Face Form Contouring Kit or sometimes Urban Decay's Skimp - which sadly, was part of their limited edition Mariposa palette, and I don't think you can buy it on its own! -  for the brow bone / eye area.

Have you any tips for faking a wide awake look? xo

Follow on Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow