La Roche Posay Effaclar Astringent Lotion

11:29


A pharmacy in town near home was doing 20% off La Roche Posay products a couple of weeks ago, so obviously I had to have a little browse... My mom actually uses quite a few of LRP's products and swears by them - they work really well for her sensitive dry skin. Last summer I used a La Roche Posay toner for a week or two and I swear my skin hasn't looked near as good since!

So, after that chunky intro, on to the product: I picked up La Roche-Posay Effaclar Micro-Exfoliant Astringent Lotion for around €11, down from €14.50 I think. Not bad? 
Anyway, ignoring the wordy title - it's basically a toner - astringent is a substance that causes biological tissues to contract i.e. to tighten pores - specially formulated for those with oily or problematic skin. It promises to tighten and unblock pores and reduce the appearance of their size. Basically, all I really want in a product these days. It's paraben free, and has been tested on imperfection prone skin, so all of these claims and the not so nice price gave me high hopes.

I've been using morning and night for the last few weeks and it's safe to say I've fallen in luurve. This 200ml bottle of French magie has been doing wonders for my skin recently - I've rarely had a breakout or problematic skin since I've started using this, my skin is much clearer. Any signs of redness have disappeared, and although my pores aren't totally invisible yet (SOME DAY), they have been reduced ever so slightly. Progress! My skin also isn't as shiny either - I'm using less and less powder in my makeup routine, which is kind of a big deal because I used to be powder obsessed!



There is one little problem with this toner, however: it can sometimes sting the skin and feel a little harsh, and for that reason I certainly don't recommend it to those with sensitive skin. La Roche-Posay do cater for sensitive skin types, so have a little look through their products and you'll definitely find the right one. This Effaclar Astringent Lotion is perfect for those with non-sensitive, imperfection prone and oily skin.

I realise this post is getting quite lengthy, so to wrap things up: if you've got problematic oily skin, try this. You won't be disappointed. Also, I can't stress enough how important skin care is - I've been using less foundation, concealer and powder since I started using this, purely because I've less and less imperfections to cover up, and my oily skin is finally under control! I believe that if you invest in good skincare products, you won't spend as much on base makeup. Win win! Next on my LRP wishlist has to be the famous Effaclar Duo+... ;)
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Astringent Lotion is available in Boots here for €13.25 and in selected pharmacies.

Are you a La Roche-Posay fan? xo

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow