Review: L'Oreal Glam Shine Balmy Gloss in Dare The Dragon Fruit

11:03


When this L'Oreal Glam Shine Balmy Gloss* came through my post box last week, I was very intrigued. Initially, because I hadn't heard of L'Oreal jumping on the lip crayon bandwagon, and also because of the colour - I have nothing like this in my collection whatsoever! It's a gorgeous purple / magenta, and judging by the tip of the crayon, has quite a bit of shimmer running through it. All in all, a beautiful looking lip product -  I couldn't wait to try it!

Much like my beloved Revlon Colorburst crayons, you can twist the end of the crayon, which means you don't have to sharpen it like other lip pencils and crayons, which in turns means no product wastage. Yay! With this product, L'Oreal claim to have combined balm and gloss into one crayon, to create a lip product that both beautifies and looks after your lips. It promises lips that "feel moisturised and look shiny with a sheer, fresh colour pay off". There are six summery shades in the range, all with different fruity names to match their colours, which I think is quite cute! The one I have to review for you today is called Dare The Dragonfruit.



First of all, I don't think my swatch above does this gloss much justice, because this is absolutely beautiful. It is quite sheer, but appears to be a gorgeous deep pink, with hints of blue and purple, and of course, a fabulous blue and pink shimmer running through it. Next time you're in Boots, just pick this up and have a look at that gorgeous crayon nib! 
Now if you're looking for an intensely pigmented lip crayon, this won't be for you. It certainly is sheer - it just adds a wash of colour and shimmer to the lips, which makes it appropriate for both day and night, if you're looking for a subtle yet pretty lip. It isn't scented either, which I love, because a lot of beauty brands tend to add some pretty tacky scents to their lip products, and it generally doesn't sit well with me at all.

Sadly, you won't get an awful lot of wear out of this - merely a couple of hours - so if having to top up lip products throughout the day annoys you, then avoid these. Otherwise, gorgeous colour, nice subtle sheer payoff, hydrating on the lips and a purse friendly price - at €10.75 in Boots here, or £6.99 in Superdrug here - both are currently running 3 for 2 offers as well!

Have you tried any L'Oreal Glam Shine Balmy Glosses?

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow