Review: Rimmel Scandaleyes Lycra Flex Mascara

11:51


When it comes to mascaras, I tend to look for three qualities: volume, length and definition. A good mascara, in my opinion, should lengthen my lashes, and make them look fuller, and more defined.

I've recently been trying the Rimmel Scandaleyes Lycra Flex Mascara*. It claims to have a "Lycra technology enhanced formula for scandalous volume" and promises to "leave lashes feeling soft & flexible; no clumps!"

First of all, can we address the packaging? This luminous green tube certainly won't go missing in your makeup bag for long! As with most Rimmel mascaras, it's quite chunky and the brush is large, thick and hurray, not plastic! Personally, I find big brushes like these can be a little bit awkward to use, and more often than not, I find myself getting poked in the eye more times than I care to admit... but anyway, it's all about the product itself, right?



I really don't understand this whole "Lycra technology" and the idea of flexible eyelashes, but what I do now is that this mascara ticks two out of the desirable boxes: it adds length and definition, but if you're looking for volume, you won't find it here. It's also not the longest lasting of mascaras either, which is annoying. It's quite clumpy sometimes too, despite the 'no clumps' claim.

It's reasonably priced, at €8.65 in Boots or £6.99 in Superdrug here (currently on a buy one get one half price offer!).
I've tried a number of Rimmel mascaras and to be honest, this one is pretty average - I don't think it's going to become an absolute favourite anytime soon. My favourite Rimmel mascara has to be the Scandaleyes Retro Glam, which is definitely worth a try, if you look for the same mascara qualities as I do!

Are you a Rimmel mascara fan? What's your favourite? xo

      Follow on Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow