Barry M Gelly Hi Shine Nail Paint in Guava

10:50


Hey everyone, welcome back to good ol' Nails on Sunday!

I used to call these posts 'Nails of the Week', but I think I'll just whack the actual polish name in the title instead, to make it easier for those searching my blog for a particular polish. I will be keeping nail related posts to Sundays though, just for consistency!

This week I bought a new polish from Barry M (it's an oldie actually, but new in my collection). It's from the Gelly Hi Shine range and it's called Guava. It's a cute aqua blue / green that is perfect for this time of year, and the impending summer months (and hopefully some sunshine). I think it'll look super cool with a tan, and really make it pop! Nothing like bright, bold nail colours in the summertime.




In the photos, it definitely looks more blue (darn lighting), but personally, the colour reminds me of tins of Heinz Beans! I know that's a strange comparison, and some of you mightn't like your nails matching a tin of beans, but they're pretty much identical. I'm considering getting some nail pens and dotting orange polka dots on top of this colour, just because!


I also must point out that I was a little disappointed with the formula of this one - normally, Barry M's gelly polishes are thick with a fabulous shiny finish, and last for days on the nails, but mine started chipping the day after I'd applied it. I have heard though, that some polishes in the Gelly Hi Shine range can be a bit hit or miss, so this was quite disappointing! You can, of course, always whack on a top coat and hope for the best, but still..

You can pick up Guava in Boots here for €5.99 or Superdrug here for £3.99

Are you a Gelly Hi Shine fan? What's your favourite Barry M? XO


Follow on Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow