May Favourites

11:37



Last month I didn't have very much to talk about in my monthly favourites - I hadn't really been trying anything new, I'd just been 'shopping my stash' as it were and falling for some old favourites. This month, however, has been a whole other story - I've been back trying out new things, and I've definitely got some new firm favourites to show you all! I've also included some fashion and life favourites - so here goes!

BEAUTY




This month I finally got to try the much loved POREfessional primer from Benefit, and boy, does it live up to the hype! It keeps my base makeup perfect for hours - I've had days where I've applied my base early in the morning and not needed to touch it well into the night, when I'm heading out somewhere. Plus, it does reduce the appearance of my pesky pores - this is honestly a dream product for those with oily skin (and every other skin type, of course). I can't praise it enough - I salute you, Benefit!

Orange Lips

... courtesy of my new found lipstick love, 'Make An Entrance' from Seventeen's Stay Pout range. This vibrant red-based orange is a fantastic summer colour, and looks fab with minimal eye makeup and a fresh, dewy base.

Bold Brows

I've been loving eyebrows this month (that sounds quite weird, but y'know what I mean). I've been using my beloved Rimmel Brow Professional pencil in Brunette to create the perfect brow. I've been trying to mimic Kylie Jenner's fabulous eyebrows - hers are just perfect!

Matte Black Nails

I know, not exactly very summer-y, but I fell in love with matte black nails again this month. I use Barry M's Matte Nail Paint in Espresso. When done properly and neatly, they look incredibly chic and cool. In love!

Soap & Glory Thick and Fast High Definition Collagen Coat Mascara

Big, bold lashes will always be a favourite of mine, and this month this mascara from Soap & Glory has been enabling me to create just that. Superb volume, definition and crazy length. What more could you possibly want?!


FASHION


White Flower Crown - Primark / Penneys, €3

Oh, Penneys. You've done it again. I took a little trip to Primark / Penneys on the day of my birthday in the middle of the month, and one of the items I picked up (and subsequently fell in love with) was this white flower crown. It's so beautiful and has a really boho / Lana Del Rey-esque vibe. I know flower crowns are getting a little cliché, but I still love 'em. And why not, at that bargain price?!

Daisy Print Sunglasses - Primark / Penneys, €2

How cute are these?! And for only €2! All I need now is some sunshine!

White Dolly Shoes - Primark / Penneys, €13

There's definitely a recurring theme within this month's fashion favourites... I fell in love with these super cute dolly shoes whilst in Penneys and have been loving wearing them ever since. You can read my full haul post here!


LIFE


Looking For Alaska by John Green

I reread LFA this month - John Green's one of my favourite writers, and Looking For Alaska is his first novel. It's beautifully written - it tells the story of Miles Halter, a teenage boy from Florida who's obsessed with last words and decides to attend Culver Creek high school in Alabama, because he's seeking his own 'Great Perhaps'. It's both heartbreaking and hilarious, and I can't recommend it enough!

Ed Sheeran - Sing

Ed Sheeran surprised us all with a new single this month, and I'm pretty obsessed with it! It's quite different from a lot of his work thus far, and it's safe to say it's made it's way to the top of my summer playlist already.

Aaaaand those are my May Favourites! What've you been loving this month? Any new makeup suggestions? Do tell!


Ciara xo

Follow on Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow