My Night-Time Skin Care Routine

10:06

Hey everyone!

I've often spoken about skincare routines and what products I use in general here on the blog, but I've never been very specific about morning / night time routines. I thought today I'd zone in on my night-time routine, because my morning routine is a much more basic version of this!

The first step to my night-time skincare routine is make-up removal. Taking off your makeup is imperative if you want clear, happy skin. I know some girls who can get away with it, which is amazing because leaving my makeup on overnight just makes me break out! Play it safe and take it off. To do this I use the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. This is the perfect makeup remover for all budgets, ages and skin types. I apply this to a cotton wool pad then sweep it across my skin, to melt away every trace of makeup. I also use it for removing eye makeup - I simply hold the cotton wool pad on my closed eyelid for a few seconds, then wipe everything away. Easy-peasy; it takes a matter of seconds and your skin will certainly thank you for it!

I'm a big fan of double cleansing - as good as micellar water is at cleansing the surface of the skin, most of us need a little something extra to clean deep down into the pores and prevent unwanted blemishes. I use the Soap & Glory Peaches and Clean 3-in-1 Deep Purifying Cleanser to do this. I splash my face with warm water first, as the heat will open up the pores. Then I apply this cleansing milk onto my skin, leave it to do its job for a minute or two, then wash it off with warm water. I'm left with totally clean and refreshed skin, completely dirt and makeup free!

Toning is another important step in my routine. I make sure to use a toner morning and night and try my best not to go without it. I use the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Astringent Lotion, apply it to some cotton wool and sweep it all across my face. It prevents spots and blemishes, as well as giving my pores another little cleanse and making absolute sure my face is completely clean. This toner has been working wonders for me, and is probably my favourite product in my skincare arsenal. 

Hydration is key in every skincare routine, no matter what your skin type is. I use a very light moisturiser, the Simple Kind to Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser, in fact, and apply it very lightly all over my face. Moisturising is just as important for oily skin types (like mine) as it is for dry skin - if you don't hydrate oily skin, it'll simply keep producing more sebum and oils and things will just get worse. Using a light moisturiser will actually prevent this, and help balance the natural oils in your skin.

Finally, I use a spot treatment as often as necessary. My product of choice is the Lush Grease Lightning Spot Treatment. I just dab this on wherever I need it, and leave it be. It's totally clear and light enough to be used under makeup in the mornings. It just helps get rid of nasty blemishes, by reducing their size and redness and gradually zapping them completely. I do really like this - it's great for those on a budget, and of course, those who favour natural / vegan products, but I'm really tempted to try the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo+ once this runs out!

And there you have it - my complete night-time skincare routine. Obviously, these are the products I like and that work for me; they mightn't work for everyone, because we all have different skin types, and some are more sensitive than others, etc. But, I have linked my full reviews of these products, so if they sound good to you, give them a go! I would definitely recommend the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water to everyone though - it's a superb product, and you get plenty of it for less than a fiver, usually. Ditch the makeup wipes, girls, and get on the micellar water hype - your skin will certainly thank you!

Furthermore, I really do believe the ultimate key to good skin is a healthy diet and a high water intake. My skin freaks out whenever I eat fast food or binge on chocolate (we're all guilty!), but rejoices whenever I ditch the nasty foods and drink lots of water. Drinking water has definitely improved my skin - any signs of redness just disappear, and blemishes dramatically decrease in size and number. It's amazing what water can do for your skin - obviously, you can use beauty products to also help the skin along, as water won't do everything, but I really do advise increasing your water intake for truly happy skin.

What's in your night-time skincare routine? xo


Follow on Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow