Review: Benefit The POREfessional

09:17


Avid Elle readers will know that for their June 2014 issue, Elle included a free sample of the famous Benefit The POREfessional primer. I don't think I've been as excited to try a product since getting the Bare Minerals foundation sample back in March! I was buzzing to try it because, let's face it, on a student budget, high end cosmetics are an absolute luxury. I was also a little worried about trying it too, because what if I fell in love with it?!


I joke, of course (I'd be saving my pennies to buy the full size, that's what would happen). Anyway, onto the product: if you're unfamiliar with Benefit's POREfessional range, the little lady pictured on the packaging is 'Spy Gal' and her mission in life is to reduce the appearance of our pores. The POREfessional primer is a "silky, oil-free formula" intended to "minimize the appearance of pores and fine lines for smoother-than-smooth skin". You can apply it very lightly under makeup initially, and over later on, should you need a little top up.



The POREfessional pore minimizer really does have a silky texture - it might feel a little odd at first, but it leaves a velvety smooth finish on the skin, and blends perfectly to match your skin tone. The formula is actually translucent, so this will suit everyone! Foundation seems to just glide on top of this - honestly, I love applying my foundation after I've used this. It goes on really well, doesn't cake or change colour or anything nasty like that. It just sits perfectly, and boy, does it stay! I've applied this pore minimizer before foundation in the morning and my makeup has stayed perfect well into the night. It's incredible! For those with oily skin, and who have problems with their foundation staying put, the POREfessional is a blessing.


























For that reason alone, I would definitely say I've fallen head over heels for this product, but the fact that it reduces the appearance of my (very large) pores is just fabulous. I can see why this product is so hyped, and why everyone swears by it - it's superb! If you want to try it for yourself, grab this month's issue of Elle magazine ASAP!
Benefit's The POREfessional retails at €34 for 22ml in Debenhams.. . No, it's certainly not cheap (with a little bit of maths, I figured out that my little 7.5ml sample was worth €11! Yikes!) but I'd almost say it's worth it (only almost because I'm on a student budget, but if you can afford it, go for it!).
I think I've been bitten by the Benefit bug (sorry bank balance!) - I reviewed their Dandelion lipgloss some months ago, if you'd like to have a read!

Are you a Benefit fan? Do you like the POREfessional primer? xo

Follow on Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow