Review: Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream

09:38



On a recent 3 for 2 spree in my local Boots, I picked up the Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream - I've been seeing this raved about on some of my favourite beauty blogs, so I knew I had to give it a ago! I've also been looking for a good summer base, and a cc cream seemed to fit the bill.

The Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream has three pigments, for colour correcting (which is what cc stands for!). The apricot pigment is for anti-fatigue; the green pigments counteracts redness in the skin, and the white pigment is to eliminate dark spots. It also promises a luminous complexion and smooth skin. Now, I'm not usually a fan of the luminous, dewy skin look, but I think for this summer I'll just give it a go! It might make a nice change from my usual heavy, matte base from wintertime.
This CC cream also promises 24hr hydration (although you shouldn't wear it for 24 hours straight!) and an SPF of 15.
I was actually surprised by how much product you actually get in this - I've used BB creams before that seemed much smaller than this, but with this you get 30ml, which is the same amount as your average foundation, so it should last quite a while!


Like most CC creams, the coverage of this product is light / medium, but can be built up slightly. I'd apply a light layer using the Real Techniques Expert Face brush - it actually works well with a brush, unlike most creams of its type! - and add a little more where needed (my cheeks, for some reason, have been quite red recently, so they've needed a little extra coverage). It's not the best for covering spots and blemishes, you'll have to dig out your concealer for any serious imperfections, but it gives a slight bit of coverage. I was actually surprised by how well this covered my dark under eye circles - I've rarely been reaching for my under eye concealer when using this.


As for the finish, yes, it's dewy. It does have a nice anti-fatigue effect and brightens up the complexion slightly. It gives the skin a healthy glow, so if you're a fan of glowy, dewy finishes then you'll like this one. I'm sadly not, so I tend to whack on some powder on top of any oily areas. I would say powder lightly with this one at least, just to keep everything in place, but with a light powder, you'll still get that healthy glow effect.
One thing I must point out with this one: when I first tried this, I made the mistake of applying some of Benefit's POREfessional primer beforehand, and things did not end well. This has great lasting power and blurs pores itself, so it definitely doesn't need a primer!
I have the shade Ivory, which is the tiniest bit too dark for my skin, but that won't matter as hopefully I'll get more tanned over the summer! It's also slightly yellow toned - which a lot of Bourjois base products tend to be.


If you're lucky enough to have relatively good skin, this would be a nice, light alternative to heavy foundations. For me, it's going to be my go-to summer base for the daytime, because it's hydrating and has an SPF of 15. I like how light it is, because I feel like my skin isn't totally suffocated when I wear this, like it would be with a heavier foundation. Instead I get light but decent coverage, and healthy looking, sun-protected skin. Perfect!

You can pick up the Bourjois 123 Perfect CC cream in Superdrug for £9.99, or in Boots for the same price - can't seem to find an Irish link, but I think it was around €13! 

Are you a fan of CC Creams? xo


Follow on Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow