Review: L'Oreal Infallible 24HR Lip Colour in Red Infallible

16:28


Time and time again, beauty brands have tried to create the ultimate non-wearing lip colour - the one that sticks out to me is the Maybelline Super Stay 24HR lip colours. I certainly wasn't a fan - they were messy, the balm was useless, and everything usually ended up in sticky little clumps on the lips. No thanks.

So when this L'Oreal Infallible 24HR Lip Colour came through my door a while ago, I was curious. First, I was afraid it might be a total flop, but things totally changed when I swatched it for the purpose of these blog photos - once it dried, there was no budging this lip product! It also dried quite matte, but that'll probably change with a slick of the balm.



The shade I have is called Red Infallible, a beautiful bold and classic red, which I thought might get me back into liking those classic statement reds (although I'm quite besotted with my berry tones..). The idea is that you apply the colour onto the lips, let it dry for a moment, then slick on the balm, to make it last longer and give it a smooth, glossy finish. The L'Oreal Infallibles are intensely pigmented and ever so lightly scented - it kind of reminds me of the Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker lip glosses. I'm normally not a fan of scented lip products, as they can sometimes be totally awful, but this is an exception (as are the lovely pepperminty Revlon matte balms!).

Red Infallible is perfect for those looking for an all out glamorous Hollywood red lip - fabulous for a glam night out look, or even a Marilyn Monroe-esque look. Trés belle.
If applied right, and given time to dry, this lasts a bloody long time. No need for top ups throughout the night with this gem! If it feels a little drying, you've got a handy little balm on the other end that eliminates any dryness.


Swatched: Red Infallible & accompanying glossy balm
Finally, someone's got it right! A long lasting lip gloss that doesn't budge, smudge, clump, feel sticky or dry out the lips. Hallelujah!
These L'Oreal Infallible 24HR lip colours are €14.99 in Boots, and definitely a great little investment. Not cheap, by any means, but they're well worth it, if you want a lip product that lasts. The fab thing is that there's eight different shades in the range, including bold brights like Red Infallible, and some pretty nudes and peaches. I think Coral Constant looks quite beautiful!

Have you tried the L'Oreal Infallible lip colours? xo

      Follow on Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow