Review: Seventeen Stay Pout Lipstick in Make An Entrance

09:55


You all may know that I have quite the obsession with red lip products - particularly those of the vampy, berry red variety. They're basically my go-to lip, no matter what the season or time of day. Recently I decided I'd step a little outside of my lipstick comfort zone, and venture into the world of orange. Orange is a fab summer-y colour, and it's set to be massive this spring / summer, so I thought, why not give it a go?

I ventured into Boots and looked at different oranges - I was initially going to buy Rimmel's In Love With Ginger, having seeing Suzie at Hello October rave about it quite a bit recently, but then I looked at Seventeen's range, to see what they had to offer. I'm a huge Rimmel / Kate lipstick fan - in fact, all the lipsticks I own are Rimmel - so I thought it was time for a change, to try out other brands. Step in Seventeen Stay Pout lipstick in Make An Entrance. I swatched the tester on the back of my hand alongside In Love With Ginger and was instantly swayed to try out the Seventeen offering. Plus, I used my Boots Advantage card and got it for free - yippee!



So after that lengthy intro - what's Make An Entrance actually like? It's a bold red based orange, that comes in slick black packaging. It's quite dinky actually - it's a little bit smaller than my Rimmel lipsticks, but I quite like it. Super simple, classy and with a lid that snaps closed. Perfect.

Make An Entrance is not for the faint hearted - it is bold. And fabulously so. I found the formula to be quite thick, so you don't need a lot of product to build it up into a fab bright orange lip. It suits my skin tone too, which I'm delighted with, because I was afraid of it washing me out. It's marketed as a "longwear lip colour", and contains shea butter which is supposed to help soften the lips. It's not drying at all, which I was also initially afraid of. It's not a totally matte finish, but it's not glossy either - I'd say it's a semi matte finish, and it does accentuate any cracks or dry parts in the lips (although isn't drying itself, oddly enough), so well prepped lips will be essential for this one!



It's fragrance free and totally tasteless, which is perfect because there's nothing worse than a foul smelling / tasting lipstick on the lips! As for staying power, it actually lasts up to five / six hours on the lips, even after eating and drinking. It leaves a stain behind on the lips too. Not bad for a €5 lipstick!



I really do like this Seventeen lippie - it ticks all the boxes and looks fabulous on. The only thing is that orange lipsticks tend to bring out the yellow in your teeth, so that's worth bearing in mind. I can't really fault this lipstick otherwise, to be honest. And the fact that it's barely over €5 means I'll definitely be checking out other shades in the range - there's a whopping fifteen different shades in total! They're all available in Boots here.

Have you tried any Seventeen Stay Pout lipsticks?

Follow on Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow