Review: Soap & Glory Thick & Fast High Definition Collagen Coat Mascara

10:01




Can I just point out how fabulous the packaging of this mascara is? Soap & Glory always have cute packaging, but this is just wow. I love it. The glam retro-style box, and the gold mascara inside - I just love every bit!


The mascara in question is the lengthily named Soap & Glory Thick & Fast High Definition Collagen Coat Mascara. It has a "super defining 7-sided fan flare 180 degree brush". It's supposed to coat, comb and curl, and has "special long-stretch polymers and NoFlake all-day wear technology". Now it all sounds a bit fancy and science jargon-y, but essentially, I look for three things in a good mascara: length, volume and definition. I really love mascaras (I've tried more than I'd care to admit), and I really loved the Soap & Glory Thick & Fast Super Volume mascara, so I had high hopes for this one being just as good, if not better (with all those fancy promises!)


The idea is that you sweep the V groove of the brush on the lashes, to add volume, then finish by rolling the brush from the roots to the tips of the lashes, to curl and lengthen. It is a little tricky, and takes time, patience and a steady hand, but its worth it. When I first tried this, I was almost sure I'd found my new all-time favourite, Holy Grail mascara. I've been wearing it almost everyday since I bought it, and although it's not holy grail status (yet), it's definitely a brilliant mascara. It adds so much length to my eyelashes, it's insane. Plus, the curl holds for absolutely ages, and it gives serious definition and volume. It's important to remember to comb through the lashes between coats, to avoid clumping - although you have to act quickly too, because in general, it's harder to apply a second coat of mascara when the first has dried; things can get a little awkward and messy...


The reason this isn't quite HG status for me yet is because the formula's just a little on the thick side. The unique brush can be a little messy, especially if you're applying in a hurry, so more often than not I've ended up with mascara smudges on my eyelids and nose, which is such a pain. 

Overall, however, I do really love this mascara - it's fantastic, and definitely up there among my favourites. The awkward brush and slightly thicker-than-I'd-like formula are the only (minor) things that bother me about this one. I'm curious to see how it changes over time, and if my opinion changes (if it does, I'll be sure to mention it in a post somewhere!) For the time being, it's an absolute love, with a couple of very minor faults. The Soap & Glory Thick & Fast High Definition Collagen Coat mascara retails at €13.50 in Boots.

Also, have you noticed? Ciara Pocket's been given a serious makeover! I spent aaaages yesterday morning (three hours, actually) tweaking and changing things, and I'm super happy with the results. I hope you all like CP's new look; I'd love to hear what you all think!



Ciara xo

Follow on Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow