Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick in 107 Wine

10:16



First of all, before anyone goes, "but it's springtime!", hear me out: I know this isn't a typical spring / summer lipstick. I know. But, I recently noticed that I've never written a blog post devoted to my favourite lipstick ever, and well, I hate to use clichés, but no time like the present, eh?


I know during springtime we're supposed to be adorning our lips with pastels, brights and the odd neon (if that's what you're into), but to be honest, super bright pastel-y lip colours don't suit me. I find pale lipsticks wash me out (Rimmel Kate Matte 101 I'm looking at you), and darker lipsticks suit me so much better, which is why I love the Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Matte lipstick pictured above, in the beautiful shade that is 107 Wine.

I first fell in love with 107 when I started watching Zoella's videos about a year ago, and she talked about it quite a bit - it looked amazing on her, and we have similar features (dark hair, pale skin), so I knew I had to get it. It's a gorgeous dark red, with deep purple/ berry undertones. Yes, it's fabulous during autumn winter time, but I'd honestly wear this all year long, I luuurve it so much.


As for the formula, it's pretty darn good. These last four / five hours before needing a top up, which is pretty standard for a lipstick. Although it's matte, it's not too drying on the lips - after a few hours you may need a slick of lip balm though, but I'm willing to put up with it! As you can see from the photos, the bullet of mine has certainly seen better days (too many trips in clutch bags to nightclubs I suspect).

Here's a li' ol' picture of me wearing it - and looking pretty happy about it too
I know I've said this a million times already, but I really do love this lipstick. It's only £6.99 (link) / £5.49 (link), replacing this one isn't going to break my bank account either. Yay!


Follow on Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow