Daily Face #2

10:24




Quite a long time ago, I wrote my first 'Daily Face' post where I talked you through my everyday makeup routine, from products to application techniques. The reason I haven't done many more of these is because I don't really switch up my 'daily face' as often as I should (oops), but I've made some changes since summertime has rolled around, and here's my everyday makeup for summer!



BASE

For summer, I like to opt for a light base with a bit of SPF (for those rare sunny days), and so I've been using the Bourjois 123 Perfect CC cream, which offers light to near-medium coverage, SPF 15, and 24 hour hydration. It gives a luminous, dewy finish and makes my skin look smooth and healthy. As for concealer, I use two: the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer for dark under eye circles and any pesky blemishes, and the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in the lightest shade, as an inner eye corner highlight. In summertime, I tend to leave out blush and go for an all over kind of bronzed look. Recently, I've been taking the Gosh Bronzing Shimmer powder in 001 Bronze, and sweeping it along my temples, beneath my cheekbones and along my jawline. I swirl my brush in the little compact, picking up a mixture of all four bronze shades - surprisingly, there's no shimmer in the bronzers when blended, and you get a nice, natural matte finish. I've been highlighting a lot more too, and I either use the white shade in this compact, or the highlighter from the Sleek Face Form palette in Light. I dust this along my nose, the tops of my cheekbones and in a tiny upside down triangle formation between and slightly above my eyebrows. I sometimes sweep some along my cupid's bow and dab a tiny bit just beneath my bottom lip. Sounds like a lot, but you get a lovely, bright effect when you're finished! I finish my base makeup by sweeping some of my favourite setting powder, the Rimmel Stay Matte powder along my T-zone and cheeks - anywhere that usually gets oily throughout the day. This just sets everything into place and gives a bit more of a matte finish to my base.



EYES & BROWS

As for eye makeup, I keep things simple, because in the summer months, I tend to favour bright lip colours. I line my upper lash line using Carbon from my Mac palette. Then I apply a few coats of the Soap & Glory Thick and Fast High Definition Collagen Coat mascara, combing through my lashes between each coat with a lash brush, to avoid clumping. And that's the eyes done! As for brows, I use my trusty Rimmel Brow Professional pencil in 001 Dark Brown. I do plan on doing a full 'how-I-do-my-brows' post, because eyebrows aren't something I talk about very much here on the blog, but I do take my brow 'makeup' quite seriously...



LIPS

Finally, the lips. Since I've kept everything pretty basic so far, I like to choose a bright pop of colour, and keeping with summer trends, I've been reaching for Make an Entrance, a gorgeous red-based orange lipstick from the Seventeen Stay Pout range. If I want something more muted, I'll use my favourite lip crayon, the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Sultry. With these lip crayons, you can either apply a light layer to add a little touch of colour, or build it up to create something more intense.

And there you have it: my everyday summer makeup! I hope you enjoyed this (somewhat long-winded) post - I'd love to hear what look you tend to go for over the summer months, and what products you love using; let me know in the comments!

Ciara x

Follow on Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow