Revisited: Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquers

10:29

Many months ago, I purchased my first Rimmel Apocalips lip lacquer and immediately fell in love. It seems I haven't spoken about them in quite a long time, so I thought I'd do a little 'revisited' post, because I've recently rekindled my love for them, and bought a new shade!

Back in December (?), I talked about Eclipse, but today I'm all about quite a different shade, called Celestial. Pink lips have never really been my thing, I'll admit - I've always favoured berry red lips, but I swatched Celestial some time ago in Boots and really, really liked it. I've always been a little afraid of buying pink lipsticks and lacquers because a lot of them tend to have a slightly cool, blue undertone, which looks completely ridiculous on me and doesn't suit my skin tone at all. However, when I swatched Celestial, I knew I'd found something different that could actually work (gasp!).


Why? Because Celestial is more of a dusky pink than a blue toned Barbie pink, which never works for me. Also, because I have quite pigmented lips (sounds weird), Celestial translates into a slightly darker, warm rosy pink on me, which I actually really love. It swatches a lot darker than it looks on the tube - Rimmel's Apocalips lip lacquers can be like that though, so if you're looking to buy one, remember to swatch it first!


So. I think we've established that I lurve the colour, but is the formula as fabulous?

Yes, yes it is. The Apocalips lip lacquers pack a serious punch when it comes to staying power - slick 'em on (one coat's enough because the pigmentation is cray), let 'em dry, and they're there for the entire day / night! They're not at all drying, the formula is quite creamy, and the finish has a gorgeous satin shine. The doe-foot applicator has a little hollow in which it picks up just enough product for one application. 

If you haven't tried the Rimmel Apocalips lip lacquers, and the idea of a lipstick / lipgloss hybrid, with insane staying power and pigmentation appeals to you, then get to it! They're only €7.95 in Boots - a seriously good bargain if you ask me. There are twelve different shades in the range, from pinks to reds to nudes, so you're bound to find something you like.

Have you tried the Rimmel Apocalips lip lacquers? Got any favourites?

Ciara xo

Follow on Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow