A Week in Photos #1

11:37



Tuesday OOTD: New Look kimono; Boohoo crop top; New Look shorts; Primark sunglasses

So this post might be slightly overdue, but I thought a couple of weeks ago that I'd chuck in some more 'lifestyle' posts here on the blog (also, since I don't usually post on Saturdays or Sundays, think of this as a little bonus post. Yay!) and on that particular week, we had a rare but wonderful heatwave here in Ireland, so of course, we had to make the most of it! If you're a fan of sunny lake and beach photos, keep reading...

On Tuesday we went to the lake just outside of the village where we live, and spent the day lying under the sun, chilling out and eating ice creams - not a bad way to spend a Tuesday! I do tend to complain about living in the middle of nowhere quite a bit (I may technically be a country girl, but I definitely prefer the city life), but it really is something special when the sun comes out - plus we are quite lucky to live so close to the lake and to have somewhere quiet and pretty to hang out in the summertime.

On Wednesday, which was predicted to be the hottest day of the year, we went to Strandhill beach in Co. Sligo... where, evidently, it wasn't. It was super cloudy and dull and windy and we moped around in the sea for a bit and shivered on towels - although you can see my baby sister enjoyed her time there! -  until we decided to pack up and head to Lough Key Forest Park, in Boyle, Co. Roscommon, where the sun was out in full force! It was a gorgeous afternoon and we just chilled out and tanned for a while.

On Thursday I just went 'shopping' into town and we had tea and bagels in a cute little café. I also bought the The Fault in Our Stars soundtrack and I've been obsessed with it ever since. Go search it on Spotify if you're a fan of cute acoustic and piano tracks, because it's such a beautiful compilation and has so many of my favourite artists (Ed Sheeran, Charli xcx, Jake Bugg, Birdy, Kodaline, Tom Odell... have I named them all yet?!).

Aaand that was my week! I do want to incorporate more lifestyle and 'things I've done' kind of posts into this blog, just to put my own personal stamp on it, I suppose. I've also kind of bored myself silly with 'A Month in Review' posts, so I'm not sure if I'll keep doing those - I definitely prefer this format. I know my photos are a little jumbled and not the best, but I wasn't sure if I was going to compile this post or not, and they are smartphone pics after all! Let me know if you like reading these kinds of posts, and maybe I'll keep it up! I also want to start doing 'outfit of the day' posts too, but I don't have a fancy camera or a tripod... are mirror selfies acceptable?!


Ciara xo

Some of these photos have been taken from my Instagram, which you can follow here, or just search '_ciararara'!

Follow on Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow