Empties #2

11:46


Hey all!

It's been a loooong time since I did an 'Empties' post - if you're unfamiliar with the concept of these posts, the idea is that I discuss products that I've completely used up (i.e. empty products, hence "Empties"). Once you've totally used a product up, you've obviously fully formulated your thoughts on said product  - and I'll also say whether or not I intend on repurchasing it, and reasons for my decision. So let's get started!

Simple Spotless Skin Rapid Action Spot Zapper
This little spot treatment has loads of spot fighting ingredients, and soothing ones too, like chamomile. It's supposed to 'zap' the spot in just four hours, but I usually leave this on over night, or apply it every four / five hours throughout the day if I'm having a makeup free day. It does work, but with continued use, of course. I like the roll on applicator, as it's more hygienic than applying a spot treatment with your fingers - kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it? Also, it's quite cooling and soothing on the skin, it feels quite nice! It's a great little spot treatment if you're on a budget, and if you've got sensitive skin!
I've never actually done a full review on this product, oddly enough, but you can see it in action in my old skincare routine post here.

Would I repurchase?: Not at the moment, as I'm trying out a few different products, all in the name of research of course!
Where can I buy it?: You can buy the Simple Spotless Skin Rapid Action Spot Zapper in Boots here for €6.49 or in Superdrug here for £5.49.

VO5 Give Me Texture Dry Texturising Spray
This is the first - and only - 'salt spray' I've tried: I bought it last summer in a vain attempt to achieve gorgeous, textured beach waves, only to end up slightly disappointed. In retrospect, I think my hair may have been too dry and damaged to work with this spray - things only ended up looking more dry and damaged. Plus, I'm not a huge fan of it's scent - it's just a tad overpowering for me!

Would I repurchase?: Nope. My hunt for a miracle-working salt spray continues. 
Where can I buy it?: Boots here for €4.59 and Superdrug here for £3.79.

Soap & Glory Hand Food
Being a big fan of Soap & Glory, it's no surprise that their famous Hand Food cream came into my possession at the start of this year. It's a big thumbs up from me on this one: wonderfully hydrating for the skin, with a delicious scent incorporating marshmallow, fresh strawberries and warm vanilla, among others.

Would I repurchase?: Absolutely, this stuff is heavenly!
Where can I buy it? Boots here for €6.99. You can also pick up a travel size tube for your handbag, or a 250ml pump bottle for your home!

Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor Deep Conditioner
Another product that I can't praise enough is this deep conditioner from Aussie. This worked wonders for my hair at the beginning of this year and is definitely a must-try for dry or damaged hair. Apply it to wet hair, wash out for a few minutes, and the end result is softer, happier and smoother hair, that smells awesome

Would I repurchase?: Yes!
Where can I buy it?: it's currently on a 3 for €13 offer in Boots (usually €6.39 here), so it's well worth picking up asap! I couldn't find a link for the full size version on Superdrug's website, but the mini travel version is £2 here.

Vaseline Essential Moisture Clean Feeling Lotion
Finally, last but not least, is the Vaseline Essential Moisture Lotion. It has a pleasant scent, feels light on the skin, and soaks in quickly, without leaving a greasy after-feeling. I do like it, but I'm unsure if I'd purchase it again - it's a great product, but fragrance is a huge selling point for me, and although it's not an unpleasant one, it's just not as striking as say, a Soap & Glory body butter.

Would I repurchase?: No, but that's just out of personal taste.
Where can I buy it?: A 200ml bottle is normally €4.19 in Boots here (400ml for €6.69 here - both are currently half price [€2.09 / €3.34 respectively] so now's a good time to try it!). As for Superdrug: £2.99 for 200ml here and £4.99 for 400ml here.

Aaaaand that's it for this round of Empties! I hope you all liked this post, I think it's nice to get a conclusive review on products, just to kind of round things up and decide if that pesky purchase was worth it in the end. Feel free to leave alternative recommendations for any of these products below, I'm always open to trying new products and hearing your suggestions!


Ciara xo

Follow on Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow