Review: Benefit Boi-Ing Industrial Strength Concealer

11:01

Way back when in May of this year (which actually feels like ages ago), I was lucky enough to get the How To Look the Best At Everything kit from Benefit for my birthday, and I've been trialling all of the mini products within the beautiful kit since - one of which is the Benefit Boi-ing Industrial Strength Concealer.

Benefit's Boi-ing concealer claims to "camouflage dark circles, minor imperfections and discolouration without creasing or fading". For a concealer, it has an impressive shade range - there are five in total, ranging from light (shade 01 pictured) to deep (05). The first thing that struck me about this concealer was the lack of applicator - I'm more accustomed to the doe-foot applicators of many high street concealers, and the idea of dabbing this onto blemishes with a fingertip just didn't appeal to me initially...
In case you're wondering what's happened to Benefit's usually glam packaging, don't panic! What I have are two samples of the boi-ing concealer in the shades light (01) and light-medium (02), from the 'How To Look The Best At Everything' kit. The Boi-ing Industrial Strength concealer usually comes in a cute little round black pot, within a pretty pink box.

The lightest shade, 01, has a slight yellow tone, whereas light-medium, 02, is definitely more peach toned and has a slightly orange-y hue. Shade 01 is the perfect match for my skin tone and blends really well over blemishes, giving my skin a more 'perfected' look. Shade 02, however, is much too dark - although I'm hoping it'll work later in the summer, should the sun ever arrive and should I ever get a tan... I won't hold my breath!



The Boi-ing concealer has a light, creamy consistency and as much as I dislike doing so, it really does work best when blended in with fingertips. I mostly use 01 on my dark under eye circles, as it's light enough to counteract them and stays put for hours - just don't forget to set with powder! As for hiding pesky blemishes, I'm not so sure. The coverage just isn't enough for such a task, and I find it doesn't last very well on blemishes on spots.

As much as I like this little concealer, I really couldn't justify spending €24 (Debenhams) on a concealer that just hides dark under eye circles. The Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer does it all, and at a much better price. If you're a total makeup junkie, you might like to add Benefit's Boi-ing concealer to your collection, but if not, save your pennies and stick with the high street offerings.


Have you tried this concealer from Benefit?

Ciara xo

Follow on Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow