Garnier Ultimate Blends The Silky 7-in-1 Dry Shampoo

11:54


If you're a long-time reader of this blog (and by long time I mean a few months), then you'll remember that some while ago I started a mini series, in which I tried and tested dry shampoos from popular high street brands. I've reviewed many a Batiste offering, and also a Boots own-brand dry shampoo, but this time, it's Garnier's turn.

This one I was actually quite excited to try (lame, I know). I first heard about Garnier's addition to the dry shampoo world through Leanne's blog, Thunder and Threads, where she raved about how wonderful it is. Typically, I was sold, and knew I had to pick it up. It's not the cheapest dry shampoo on the market, which is why I held out for quite a while, before picking it up at half price in Tesco. Result!

Despite reading such good reviews, and spending ages hunting it down at a cheaper price, I'll admit that initially I hated this stuff - so much so, that I'd wash my hair more regularly, because I'd just given up hope with dry shampoo. I actually applied this (quite generously) to my roots once, and immediately hopped into the shower to wash it out. It left my hair greasy, lank and lifeless - exactly the opposite result you'd expect from a dry shampoo.

I persisted nonetheless, and with regular use over the last few weeks, I'm actually starting to like it. I realised that initially, I was using far too much - usually, with Batiste, I'd apply the product quite liberally, and then massage it all into my roots until that awful grey residue disappeared. However, with Garnier's offering, you use a lot less, apply where necessary, and let it do its job for a few minutes, then just style as usual. 

It does absorb grease and leave hair looking cleaner, but it doesn't always feel cleaner, you know? Maybe it's just me - I probably shouldn't expect that freshly washed feeling from a can of dry shampoo. It doesn't add much volume, and hair can feel a little lifeless, despite looking clean and totally grease-free. The fabulous thing about Garnier's Ultimate Blends dry shampoo is that there's absolutely no visible residue at all. Absolutely none, even on dark hair. Which means waving goodbye to strenuous massaging of the roots to look a little less that-time-Rihanna-dyed-her-hair-grey. It also smells really nice too, a sweet vanilla-y scent, so you get that added bonus of sweetly fragranced hair.

So it's a 'like' from me - I'm not head over heels in love with it, nor do I absolutely despise it. It does its job, and perhaps I'm just a little fussy? Anyway, you can try the Garnier Ultimate Blends Silky 7-in-1 Dry Shampoo for yourself - it's €4.70 in Boots. This particular product is aimed at those with mid to long hair, so for those with shorter hair, you can pick up the Revitalising version here  for the same price.

Have you tried Garnier's Silky dry shampoo? Thoughts?

Ciara xo

Feel free to recommend your favourite dry shampoos - once I've finished this one, I'll be on the hunt for the next addition to this little series!

Follow on Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow