On Trial: Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector

17:21




I had a serious rummage through my makeup stash recently, in a bid to find products to inspire new posts, and discovered I'd quite a few little samples gathered up, from various magazines and whatnot. So, this mini "On Trial" series will be more so first impressions of each of the sample products I have, than full on reviews. Still, first impressions are very, very important!

So first up is the Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector 5-in-1 BB Cream. I've tried and tested many a BB / CC cream in my time, so I knew what to expect: light coverage, with a radiant, healthy-looking finish and even skintone. With Garnier's offering comes five promises: it evens skin tone and boosts glow, blurs imperfections, smooths fine lines, has 24hr hydration and an SPF of 15.

Although this BB cream is a relatively good match for my skin tone, it will probably be too dark to wear in winter, when I tend to get a bit paler (sob). As for the 'even skin tone' claims, I did need to whip out the concealer to cancel out any redness, which was a bit disappointing. It's noteworthy that Garnier's BB cream has quite a heavy, sickly sweet scent, and although this disappears with time, I can imagine it would cause breakouts on my oily skin with continuous use. 

I must say I'm pretty disappointed with this one - although I was expecting light coverage, this didn't really blur any imperfections at all, nor did it really even out my  skin tone. It doesn't last long either, within five or six hours most of it had just melted away - probably because of my oily skin (although this has seldom happened with other products before). I found it actually oxidised (changed colour - i.e. turns a shade or few darker) and it just looked awful.  

Sadly, it's a thumbs down from me - I had high(ish) hopes for this product, but I'm just really disappointed! It retails at €12.99 in Boots - I definitely wouldn't recommend it for those with oily and / or pale skin, because it'll just disappear, or appear much too dark. It might be better for those with dry skin, or even those with near perfect skin who just want a tiny bit of coverage. There's also an oil free version which might be better for those with oily skin, but I can't say I'll be rushing out to buy it any time soon.


Have you tried Garnier's 'Miracle Skin Perfector'? Thoughts?

Ciara xo


Follow on Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow