Review: Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Foundation

12:01

For my nineteenth birthday back in May, (which feels like a million years ago now!), my parents bought me the How To Look The Best At Everything Flawless Complexion Kit from Benefit, and one of the mini products inside was the Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Brightening Makeup. I've been trying it out over the last few weeks and today I'm going to share my thoughts!


The Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow foundation comes in a cute little bottle with a pump (Hurray! No mess!). The design is very simple but it works - something that Barry M tried to replicate with their Flawless Matte foundation, but failed. The shade I have is called "I'm Pure 4 Sure" Ivory, and the foundation itself is oil-free, with an SPF of 25. As it's called 'brightening makeup', I'm assuming the finish will be luminous and dewy - not something I usually go for, but I'm willing to give it a try. Benefit themselves claim it has a "light to medium coverage for a natural complexion you can believe in. It's you... just more luminous and healthy-looking". It also has a PA rating of three stars - not to bore you with the intricate science of it all, but it basically means this foundation carries the highest form of protection from UVA. SPF is what protects our skin from UVB.

The first thing I noticed about this foundation was how liquid-y the formula is - that might sound like an odd way to describe a foundation, but it is quite runny and light. As for the coverage - it's definitely one for those lucky ducks with almost perfect skin who want a tiny bit of coverage to finish things off. I wouldn't recommend building it up for a heavier coverage, because things can get a little cakey and messy - never a good look.

I tested this out on over a number of weeks, both when my skin was looking, well, crap, and on good skin days, to get a better idea of this foundation's capabilities. On the crappier days, it clung to dry patches and offered little coverage of blemishes and dark circles, and for a while I felt super disappointed with it, because I'd heard such good things about it before. However, on the better skin days, it evened out my skin tone, covered any slight redness, and made my skin look super healthy and luminous, as promised. If I wasn't feeling the dewy finish, I'd use my trusty Rimmel Stay Matte powder, and get my desired matte finish. I'm Pure 4 Sure Ivory is a relatively good match for my skin tone, if not perhaps a slight shade too dark.

Overall, I'd say this is a foundation best kept for summer because of the high SPF, and days when not a lot of coverage is needed. If you're one of the lucky ones with normal skin (i.e. not overly dry or oily), you'll probably love this one.  I do like it - it's a nice foundation, and the finish is quite nice, it's just not one I'd find myself often reaching for, because my super good skin days are few and far between!

Benefit's Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow foundation retails at €36.00 in Debenhams.


Have you tried this foundation? Are you a fan?

Ciara xo

Follow on Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow