Review: Clinique High Impact Mascara

10:51



To say I was excited about Glamour magazine's choice of Clinique freebies with their August issue would be an understatement. I originally wanted to get my hands on one of their Chubby Sticks, but of course, every copy yielding one of those little gems within its plastic covering were totally gone within a matter of days! Instead, I came away with the Clinique High Impact Mascara.

Believe it or not, I've never tried a high end mascara. I've never been totally willing to part with so much money for a product that's technically supposed to last three or four months. Time and time again, I've found excellent high street mascaras for so much cheaper, so I've never felt the need to invest in a high end one. So of course, I was super curious to try out Clinique's High Impact mascara and see if there really was much difference.



I've been using this for weeks now, and although it adds serious length and definition to my lashes, it doesn't give them that oomph in terms of volume, that I always look for. The brush is great for coating all of the lashes, even the teeny tiny difficult-to-get-at ones, which is fab. It also adds a wonderful curl, that holds for hours and hours.

I've actually been pairing this mascara with one of my high street favourites, the Soap & Glory Thick and Fast High Collagen Coat mascara, and together they give a serious false lash effect - the latter really packs a punch when it comes to volume and thickness, so combined, they are an absolute mascara dream team!

The Clinique High Impact mascara retails for €21.50 in Debenhams - like I said earlier, pretty pricey for a product with a short shelf life. I probably wouldn't purchase it again, solely because of the price - there are so many brilliant high street mascaras out there that it doesn't make sense to spend so much on a high end one that does the same job.


Have you tried this Clinique mascara? Ever pair two mascaras together?


Ciara xo

Follow on Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow