Review: Sleek i-Divine Storm Palette

09:42



I've been acquainted with Sleek makeup for quite a while now, having purchased their Faceform Contouring kit last year and duly fallen in love with it. So many Sleek products have appeared on my big ol' beauty wishlist since, but I've never been able to get my hands on them, due to Sleek's products not being stocked in Ireland. Boo!

So, can you imagine my excitement, walking into Boots in Dundrum town centre some weeks ago, and spying a Sleek stand? I was pretty frickin' ecstatic, let's be honest, and instantly made a beeline for their selection of eyeshadow palettes. I really wanted Au Naturel, but since they were completely out of stock, I went for Storm instead.



Storm is a compilation of twelve colours, for the bargain price of  €9.99. Less than a euro a piece! I really like the packaging of this one - the shadows come in a sturdy, hard plastic case, with a large mirror - great if you're a fan of applying or touching up on the go, and a handy one to have in your handbag. There's also a duo ended sponge applicator, which would be handy if you are touching up on the go, but I'd generally avoid these and stick with brushes.



The first row is composed of lighter shades, five shimmers and one matte: 
(L-R above) Sandstorm, a pretty champagney brown; Snow Storm, a gorgeous pale highlight, Calm Before The Storm, a matte light brown; Thunder Storm, a gorgeous glittery gold; Perfect Storm, a shimmery pink and Firestorm, a shimmery dark pink with slight purple tones.



The other six are Dust Storm, a shimmery dark brown; Gathering Storm, a dark grey (great for classic smokey eyes); Storm Cloud, a dark green; Electric Storm, a dark blue; Eye of the Storm, a matte dark brown and Blackout, a matte black.

Now, what immediately sold me on this palette was a quick swatch of Blackout in Boots - it was intensely pigmented, and super hard to try and rub off the back of my hand. I knew from then that this palette would be making its way home with me! They have got nice pigmentation - I know my swatch photos really don't do them any justice! The matte shades aren't as intense as the shimmers, sadly, with the exception of Blackout. They last on the lids for hours, although a little primer will help them last longer and prevent any creasing.

I'll probably get the most use out of the more neutral shades, because they'd make for great brown smokey eyes, or for a wash of colour on the lids. Blackout can be used in darker smokey eyes, and also to line the lash lines, which is very handy! Eye of the Storm is also the perfect shade for my eyebrows, result! I can't wait to get experimenting with the more 'out there' colours, to see what I can come up with. 

All in all, this handy little palette is a winner with me - I seriously hope there's a Sleek stand in my nearest Boots when I move back to Dublin, I can't wait to try out some more from the brand!

The Sleek i-Divine Storm palette is €9.99 in Boots.


Have you tried any of Sleek's eyeshadow palettes?


Ciara xo


Follow on Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow