When Life Gets In The Way...

14:02




I won't lie when I say that typing this blog post feels very, very strange. How long has it been? Four weeks? For the last two months, I've been something of an organisational disaster (although most who know me would argue that that's my general disposition anyway).

There's been a lot of 'newness' happening over the last six weeks. I got a new job mid-August (hurray!), which has taken up a lot of time and energy since. A couple of weeks ago, I moved back to Dublin for university, into our cute and cosy basement apartment in the city centre (we had Milano's on moving day, hence the divine looking pizza photo below). To say I'm loving being back in the big shmoke would be an understatement - I love city life. I love the rush and the buzz on the streets, the busy atmosphere, all of the little quirks and eccentricities that we don't seem to have in the countryside. There are few things I love more than strolling around the city centre on a sunny day, and feeling completely and utterly content. I may have been reared in the middle of nowhere, but I'm without doubt, a city girl at heart.

I started my second year of university this week - I'm studying a BA in Journalism with a Language (that language being Irish), and we were introduced to our new modules and lecturers this week. I won't lie, I'm super excited for second year - we finally get to do cool things like TV presenting and radio, although I could do without the business and politics modules, but oh well. I absolutely love being back and actually doing things again - the first few months of summer dragged by, until I got into working, and then BAM, we were back at college. It's only been two weeks and already my bank account is weeping at the amount of times Penneys appears on my statement this month. Oops...


So that's what's been happening - now what's next? Well, in terms of blogging, I think for the time being, I'll be taking a little break. I have absolutely no intentions of giving up altogether, I just have to shove it a little further down the priorities list whilst I get settled back into university (and deal with the no less than six assignments we got this week. Sigh). For the longest time, I've wanted to take dear old Ciara Pocket on different directions - writing is probably my biggest passion, and as much as I love writing about beauty, sometimes I feel like I want to just take off in a few different directions, explore other options and topics, etc. For now, I'm not quite sure what they'll be, but bare with me. I've also flirted with the idea of a total rebrand, or at least a new blog design - nothing like a makeover to motivate oneself into blogging again, eh?

I'll see. I've got all these plans and ideas buzzing around in the back of my mind, and I've yet to organise them and see what's actually feasible. The idea of promising a regular blogging schedule would be laughable, so just watch this space. I'll do what I can, when I can - hopefully very soon.

That's about it, really - I just thought I'd pop in and say hello, and let anyone who's remotely interested know where I've been as of late. It's weird to think that in about three weeks, I'll be celebrating my first blogging birthday, and yet last year feels so bloody long ago. All I can say for now is: watch this space. Hopefully, a new environment will be all I need to kick my creative juices back into action. I'm not entirely giving up on beauty (I actually have quite a few things to share on that front), I'll just wait and see where life takes my creative mind next.

Thanks for consistently following, reading and commenting; it means the absolute world, as always. Much love.

Ciara xo


Follow on Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow