Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Liquid Lipstick

11:00


If there was one shade from Bourjois' new range of liquid lipsticks that could end up in my possession, it would have to be this one. Nude-ist, the pinky brown nude on everyone's lips, has been on my wishlist ever since a few blog posts appeared on my feed, comparing it to Kylie Jenner's lipstick of choice. Jenner seems to have the Midas touch lately, because I've looked in several Boots stores and only last week did I find a Bourjois stand with this little lipstick in stock.

The Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet range is compiled of eight liquid lipsticks, promising a matte finish, bold colour and a whopping 24-hour staying power. The whole liquid-lipstick-drying-to-matte thing might sound a little off-putting for those with dry lips, but these lipsticks are surprisingly hydrating and super comfortable to wear.

The formula is very light, and the doe-foot applicator helps the product glide along the lips. They're so pigmented that one coat is enough, and dry quickly into a gorgeous matte finish, as promised. I actually really like the feel of this lipstick on my lips (sounds weird, I know) - it's a little strange at first, but your lips actually feel velvety.



Nude-ist, although it swatches a gorgeous pinky brown, actually leans towards the pinker side of life on my lips, and looks darker. So, no, I'm still no closer to achieving the perfect Kylie Jenner-esque pout (damn my pigmented lips!), but it's still super pretty and flattering all the same.

The Rouge Edition Velvet lipsticks are €12.49 in Boots - who are currently running a '2 for €19' offer on all Bourjois cosmetics, so if you spy a couple of shades you like, grab them now!

I'm really impressed with how light and comfortable these are, and although I won't be testing the 24 hour staying power claim any time soon, they do last a bloody long time, even with eating and drinking. You can bet your bottom dollar I'll be picking up some more shades from this range - Grand Cru, here's looking at you!

Have you tried the Rouge Edition Velvet lipsticks from Bourjois? Thoughts?

Ciara xo


Follow on Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow