Review: Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer

11:53




I discovered recently - much to my horror -  that my little tube of Benefit's POREfessional primer was on it's last legs. SOB. Thus, a little trip to Boots was in order, to try and find a suitable replacement product that would keep my makeup in place, all day long.

Enter the Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer.

This primer comes in a small glass bottle, with a plastic pump, and is pretty easy to use. I like that it's not overly bulky and won't take up a lot of space in an already crowded makeup bag - not to mention, there's something really lovely about Revlon's simplistic design.

I've been using this for weeks now and can't really seem to fault it - I've used it under makeup in the early hours before going to college, and see little change in my makeup at six o'clock that evening. Impressive, huh?

I chose the shade 001 as it's totally transparent, and you're guaranteed it won't alter the colour of your foundation. Two pumps of this primer would cover my entire face, as it has a relatively thin formula. I like how it actually mattifies my oily skin, and keeps it shine free for longer - and I use less powder, too.

The only teeny tiny problem I'd have with this is that the scent is a little weird and off-putting. I was afraid, initially, that it would cause crazy breakouts, but I've been using it almost every day for the last two months and have seen no such problems. 

The Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer is €17.99 in Boots. Personally, I think it's a worthwhile little purchase if you've got oily skin, and all of the foundation-related problems that come with it. As I said earlier, I've had it two months now and it's only almost gone now - definitely a worthwhile investment!

What's your primer of choice? Have you tried this one?

Ciara xo

Follow on Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow