Goodbye, 2014...

11:48








I almost wasn't going to write one of these posts, but I read a few from my Bloglovin' feed this morning and clicked through my folder of photos from this year, and thought why the heck not. I don't have the most exciting photos to share - but these are the best ones I could find through heaps of blurry nightclub pictures (which sums up my year in itself, really).

So, 2014. Today's your last day. We've had our ups and downs, naturally, but in retrospect, you've been pretty alright. Some of my favourite moments were seeing Ellie Goulding in March, and two of my favourite bands, Biffy Clyro and You Me At Six, from the front row in July (two members of the latter acknowledged my existence from the stage and fourteen year old me can now die happy).

The rest of the summer was pretty alright, too. We had a bit of a heatwave (I know, so Irish to mention the weather, but c'mon, it was fab) and there were trips to the beach, parks, etc. and even a nostalgic one to the zoo. I got through my first year at uni (yeassss) and am halfway through my second one, facing into more exams next week. Yippee. I moved back to Dublin in September, into an entirely new part of town, with entirely new roommates, and couldn't be happier.

I also threw caution to the wind (to use a horrible cliché) and got my nose pierced back in October, just for the hell of it. Gone is my faded out ombré too, although right now I'm torn between getting it back and dying my hair darker.

I turned the grand old age of nineteen this year, and I'm ever-so-slightly dreading turning twenty next May. A lot of my friends have hit that milestone in the last few months, and I just think it's so strange that all of these kids I've grown up with are now twenty year old adults. And to think, I'm only a few months away from joining them. I can't imagine ever considering myself an adult, it's just so, so strange.

In terms of this blog, it's continued to grow ever so slowly, and for that, I am indescribably grateful! I celebrated my first blogging birthday back in October, have since reached over 25,000 views and we're slowly making our way towards 250 readers, which is super, super cool. Thank you, everyone!

And that's been my 2014. In retrospect, it has been pretty good. Life is pretty good - I'm a big believer in not 'sweating the small stuff' (it genuinely takes a lot to annoy or stress me out). It isn't always perfect, but it could be a hell of a lot worse - and I'm forever grateful that it's not. Here's to you, 2015 - I can't wait to see what you'll bring.

Happy New Year (in advance)! 

Ciara x

      Follow on Bloglovin

(p.s. I know my photos have been a little choppy and altogether not-too-fantastic in this post so super sorry about that - note to self: take more (and better) photos in the next year...

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow