Making Changes

13:10


Hey everyone!

Can you believe the last month of 2014 is upon us? I know it's cliché as hell, but I think it's really weird how quickly this year's gone - sometimes I still think I'm in 2013.

Anyway, I'm writing this post as a means of simply saying, waddup, I'm still around, despite my ridiculous levels of inactivity since the end of the summer. I know I've talked about all this before - university commitments, work, life-outside-the-internet commitments, etc., so I won't bore you with all of that.

I've mainly been thinking about this here little blog, and how crazy it is that I'm now in my second year of blogging. It sure as hell doesn't feel like a whole year since I first created this little space, but there you go. Overall, I'm pretty happy with what I've got to show for it - I never imagined a single person would bother reading what little ol' me has to say, never mind over two hundred. And for that, I'm super grateful - thank you!

So with 2015 fast approaching - rather frighteningly - I've been thinking a lot about how I want my blog to progress in the new year. First and foremost, I'm determined to up the ante on the photography front, and kick things up a notch. For the most part, I've simply been borrowing my mom's iPhone every other weekend and taking photos in bulk, then editing them as a go along, but what with living away from home for a good nine months of the year, this just isn't feasible anymore. 

So with that in mind, when good ol' Black Friday rolled around, I made a little investment in a pretty snazzy looking bridge camera - the Canon Powershot SX510 - which I can't get my hands on until Christmas morning, sob!

One thing I hope to teach myself throughout 2015 is the ins and outs of basic photography  - I can't wait until I can play around and experiment with my new camera. Of course, this will hopefully open doors in terms of blog content, and what I can do with my blog. I'd love to venture into more fashion based posts, tutorials, and some lifestyle content as well.

As well as all of this, I reeeally want to give this blog a makeover - I've been experimenting with different templates and such over the last few months, and nothing has really taken my fancy. I'm not as smitten with my current homepage layout as I was over the summer, but I'm not sure if I'm too keen on the typical 'posts taking up two thirds of the page with a sidebar on the left' style either. Perks of being fussy, eh? I'm not sure if I'll go down the route of a total rebrand just yet - I may just keep things strictly layout and design only, but then again, who knows?

So with a little more free time on my hands, over Christmas, I'm hopefully going to really switch things up around here, in preparation for the new year. I can't wait to get back into the swing of things, like I was once upon a time, and start creating new content and thoroughly enjoy doing so. It's safe to say I'm pretty excited for what the new year may hold!

That's all from me for now - I shall hopefully see you all again very soon.

Ciara xo


Follow on Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow