My Custom MAC Palette | New Additions

09:26


It was back in Christmas 2o13 when I started my own custom MAC palette - a lovely Christmas gift from my parents - with the very essential Carbon, a matte black shadow. This year, I was lucky enough to receive two more MAC shadows as a gift - meet Amber Lights and Sketch.

I (obviously) couldn't wait to take photos of these before popping them into the palette, so apologies if the images aren't too great! Amber Lights is in the top row, which I'm hoping to fill with light shades, both shimmers and mattes. Amber Lights is a fabulous warm, shimmery gold that looks great blended with brown smokey eyes. It's such an autumn / winter colour - nothing more festive than a glittery gold!

Sketch is also very autumnal - a deep matte purple with brown undertones, and definitely not something I'd have worn before. I was pretty curious as to how I'd go about wearing this, and I've since discovered it looks fantastic blended all over the lid and into the crease, with some smokey black liner on the top and bottom lash lines, and lots of mascara. I sometimes include a pale, shimmery highlight in the inner corners, but it looks great either way!

I'm head over heels in love with both of these - they're quite different from my usual eyeshadow choices, which is probably why I love them so much; I've nothing like them in my collection, especially Sketch!

Pigmentation-wise, they're both pretty great. Amber Lights is probably the stronger of the two, which is expected, because it's so shimmery. They both blend easily, don't crease, and last all day. Fabulous autumn / winter colours, but definitely wearable all year round - I can see Amber Lights making a few appearances into daytime summer looks, and Sketch being incorporated into night-out looks. Who'd have thought I'd fall in love with dark purple smokey eyes?

You can pick up either of these palette refill shadows for £10 / €12 on MAC's website.

Are you a fan of MAC eyeshadows? Tell me about your favourites!

Ciara xo


Follow on Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow