Review | Lush Herbalism Cleanser

12:21




The last time I paid a visit to Lush (which feels like ages ago now), the sales assistant was kind enough to give me two free samples of their Herbalism Cleanser, which is formulated for oily, problematic skin. It's described by Lush themselves as a "herbal combination to balance and clear the skin".

Herbalism contains a mixture of nettle and rosemary, to cleanse, and almonds and rice bran to exfoliate the skin. It's another of Lush's vegan creations - I also quite liked how it was both a cleanser and an exfoliator, covering two steps in one!

To use Herbalism, you take a small amount in the palm of your hand, add a drop of water and mix them until you've created a paste, then apply it to your face. I often left this on for a few minutes after applying it, to make sure my skin really reaped the benefits. As an added bonus, Herbalism does smell really good - it's hard to describe, but it's a very typical Lush-like, "good for your skin", organic, herb-y kind of scent, if you know what I mean (I'm excellent at describing scents, I know...).

I used this in conjunction with two of my favourite Lush products, the Tea Tree Water and Grease Lightning, and altogether, they did clear up my skin quite nicely. I am a little disappointed, however, that it wasn't much help when it came to clearing my pores, but maybe I'd have more luck if I used this over a longer period of time.

I do like Herbalism, it's a nice little cleanser and does help - in fact, after using this, I did find my skin wasn't as oily as before, which is great! You can pick up a 100g pot of Herbalism for €7.95 at Lush - it's a pretty decent price, when compared to other high street skincare brands, and a 100g pot will last a very long time, considering the tiny amount of product you use!

Have you tried this cleanser before?

Ciara x


Follow on Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow