Review | L'Oreal True Match Foundation

14:31


One of the best feelings in the world has to be strolling into Boots and finding that the makeup items you've lusted after for so long are suddenly on some crazily good special offer, allowing you to pick them up for a fraction of their original price - am I right?

...Maybe I've let my makeup addiction go a little too far, but alas, that's how I felt back in February when I found out that Boots were running a 'two for €18' on selected L'Oreal cosmetics. Finally, the L'Oreal True Match foundation was mine, for an insanely good price.

I chose the palest shade I could find, 'N1 Ivory', from the neutral side of things. L'Oreal's True Match comes in a whopping 33 different shades, including a multitude of neutrals, yellows and pinks to suit as many skin tones as possible. Despite this - and this is probably my only complaint about this foundation - I found that N1 was just ever so slightly too dark for my skin, making the whole 'true match' concept a little ironic...

Aside from that, I really like the formula of this one - it's got a nice medium, but buildable coverage, a light and silky texture, and blends like a dream. I find that it cancels out redness really well - so much so that I often forget to reach for concealer after applying foundation, because I hardly need any!

Despite being an oily skin sufferer, I actually love the dewy, illuminating effect this foundation has on my skin. It's so light compared to my usual matte choices, and it leaves my skin glowing and so healthy looking. It does a darn good job at making you look more awake, and alive, that's for sure!

One thing I would recommend is using a primer underneath - without, it lasts a good six hours or so, but a primer would keep everything in place and seamless-looking for longer. Those with dry skin need not worry!

Overall, a lovely, brightening foundation with a gorgeous, natural-looking finish and at a price that won't break the bank every time you need to restock. Word of advice: do some research into skin tones and finding the perfect shade, and you could be on to a winner.

Try out it for yourself, in Boots, for €14.99 (it's also on a rather tempting 3 for 2 offer...).

Have you tried L'Oreal's True Match foundation?

Ciara x


Follow on Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow