The Must-Have Weekend Shampoo

10:17

If you're unfamiliar with the concept of a 'weekend / Sunday shampoo', you might think the whole idea slightly ridiculous: buying a shampoo to use solely on the weekends? Really?

However, I can tell you that it's absolutely worth it, and has become quite an essential feature of my hair care routine. Basically, it's a special shampoo formulated to deep cleanse the hair and remove all the product build up and general grubbiness from the previous week. Because of the deep cleansing nature of these products, you should really only use them once a week, and stick to your regular shampoos for the rest of the week. I think coming home at the weekend from a long week of college (and late nights out...) is a good a time as any, hence, the 'weekend shampoo'!

I've seen lots of bloggers rave about the Bumble & Bumble Sunday Shampoo, which I myself have never tried, probably because it costs a rather frightening €21. Don't let that deter you though - I've found an amazing high street alternative, which comes at a much-less-scary price of €5.49, for a 500ml bottle.

Meet the TreSemmé Deep Cleansing Shampoo. It's one of my favourite hair care products, purely because of it's wonderful deep cleansing properties - it's especially recommended for those who use a lot of hair products during the week, like serums, sprays, mousse, etc (or in my case, an abundance of dry shampoo every other day). I simply can't recommend this enough; I love how soft and fabulously clean my hair feels after using this, and find that I don't even need dry shampoo the day after washing!

Are you a fan of 'weekend shampoos'? Got any favourites?

Ciara x


Follow on Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow