Review | Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Ultra Lipsticks

10:01


There's something really special about high end lipsticks - whether it's the luxurious quality and feel of the products, or the breathtakingly beautiful packaging in which they are encased. Today, I've got a review of the gorgeous Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Ultra Lipsticks for you all, and my, oh my, are they something special.

TOP - BOTTOM: BRICK; SUGAR; RUBY ROSE; ROSE
First up we have Brick, which is a gorgeous, classic blue-toned red, and surprisingly, my favourite of the bunch. Because of its blue undertone, it really suits pale skin tones, and makes teeth look so much whiter, which I love! Reds like this used to scare me a little bit, as I was never sure if they suited me or not, but I'm head over heels in love with this one.

Next is Sugar. It was kinda hard to get a proper photo of this one, so the swatch above isn't very accurate (i.e., it doesn't look as orange-toned on the lips). It is, however, a typical nude, leaning more on the brown side of things, with a sheer finish, and a warm tone. This is probably my least favourite - I generally don't wear nudes like this as I feel like they wash me out!

The next one down is  Ruby Rose. I really like this one too. It's a glossy red, with hints of pink and plum, making it lean towards the berry-red side of life. It's a softer alternative to Brick, and definitely a gorgeous colour for autumn.

And finally, Rose - another sheer lipstick, very much on the blue-toned pink side of things. You can build it up for a more intense colour, or keep it simple with a sheer coat of pink.

All of these lipsticks feel super luxurious on the lips - Brick and Ruby Rose have a higher pigmentation, and a gorgeous glossy finish. Sugar and Rose, as described above, are much more sheer, but can be built up for a higher colour pay-off. The first pair definitely lasted longer on the lips; the sheer lipsticks need to be topped up more often, but that's to be expected with their formula!

All in all, they're absolutely gorgeous products, and of course, such quality and luxury comes with a heavy price tag - they currently retail in Debenhams for €26, or you can pick them up on sale from Feel Unique for €22.24. (My dear mother kindly donated these four for the purpose of this blog post!)

Have you tried any of these Elizabeth Arden lipsticks? Got any favourites?

Ciara x


Follow on Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow