Review | Garnier Simply Essentials Soothing Toner

13:02




Oftentimes, when you go to purchase skincare products, like toners, they tend to be marketed as super life-changing products promising all kinds of wonders, with bells and whistles attached. And often, they turn out to be a bit of a disappointment, or don't live up to their hype - at least, that's from my experience anyway!

But not Garnier's Soothing Vitamin-Enriched Toner from their 'Simply Essentials' range, oh no. What drew me to this (with the exception of the sweet little price tag!), was the simple fact that this toner only promises what it can give: it functions to tone and soothe the skin. It's also suitable for sensitive skin types, containing no perfume, alcohol or colourants, so you know there's no harsh chemicals or hidden nasties involved.

I've already used one bottle of this, and recently bought another because I simply love it. It's incredibly gentle on the skin, and leaves it feeling soothed and really clean, which is lovely. I've found that it acts like more of an extra cleanser than some super-duper miracle-working toner (is there really a toner out there that can truly deep cleanse your pores? Really?). I use it after washing my face with my cleanser du jour, after removing makeup and even in the morning, as a quick cleanse (if I'm feeling really lazy, which is most of the time, let's be honest). I simply slap on some moisturiser afterwards and voilá! Done.

And despite the lack of fanfare around it, it actually does my skin a world of good. I have oily combination skin (usually a tad drier in the summer, but not always), and it's doing a great job at keeping my skin clear, and keeping excess oil at bay. It just goes to show that you don't need a massive arsenal of products to get the results you want!

The Garnier Simply Essentials Soothing Toner is priced at €4.49 in Boots (currently on a 2 for €5.50 offer!), but I usually pick mine up at instore Cara Pharmacy, for €3 (but it's also online for €2.55!)

Have you tried this toner?

Ciara x


Follow on Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow