Where I Want To Be

11:03



I want to lead an extraordinary life.

I’ve always thought life should be extraordinary. It should be about going out into the world and seeing and doing all that you possibly can – that’s one of the biggest reasons why I chose to do a journalism degree. No two days are ever really the same when you work in media; plus it’s a great way to see the world and meet all sorts of people.

For as long as I can remember, I’ve wanted to travel. I suppose, it’s a bit ironic giving this post a title like ‘where I want to be’, because I’m not even quite sure if there’s a single definitive place where I would like to see myself.

All I know is, I want to travel and see every possible corner of the globe that I can, in the time that I have.

When I think about where I’d like to be, I picture sitting at a desk in a pretty apartment in the middle of Paris, sipping lattes and writing about all of the wonderful people and places I see every day. I see myself freelancing and running my own life – writing for fashion magazines and blogging about my life experiences.

I know it’s a bit of a taboo subject in the blogging world, but I would love more than anything to be able to do this full-time. And why shouldn’t I? Sure, I’ve only been working on this blog on and off for roughly eighteen months, but I’ve got high hopes. Give me a little more spare time and a bucket load of inspiration.

And yes, I know, there’s an incredibly heavy workload involved and so many full-time bloggers remind us that it’s not as glamorous as it seems, behind the scenes. But I honestly think being able to have your own site, and to be in complete control of what you want to write about – it’s just the dream. My dream. It’s all I really want, and I’m sure as hell going to work as hard as I can to get it.

I can’t see myself ever settling for an ordinary life – in fact, I refuse to. I refuse to accept that my purpose on this planet is to work a typical 9 to 5 job to pay bills, and to just exist. I don’t want to simply exist. I want to live as much as I truly can. I want to work because I love what I’m doing, not to simply pay my way through life.

Right now, it might seem that all I’ve got are a bundle of dreams, hopes and ambitions – but I think that might just be enough to get me started.

Above everything, I want to never grow tired of life. That’s the true definition of success.


Ciara x


* As a sidenote: I know everyone says that you shouldn’t start a blog with the intentions of making money, because it’s a sure fire way of failing, and believe me, that’s not the reason I started either. I blog because I love writing – I just think it’s pretty cool and inspiring that there are those who have made it their career!


Follow on Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow