The Summer Skincare Round-Up

12:34


Today I wanted to share all of the products that have been gracing my face for the last few months, as well as new additions and whatnot for my 'summer routine'. I don't really have much of a structured skincare routine any more (oops) - I have quite a number of half-used products in my stash, so it's become a case of grabbing whatever's nearest and working with that. But of course, in the midst of all the mess, there's a few products I've been reaching for more often than others, and here they are!



THE CLEANERS...

La Roche Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel for Oily Sensitive Skin

Since scraping the last drop of product from every Soap & Glory Peaches and Clean bottle I have, I've started using this La Roche Posay cleanser in its place. It's very different from a lot of facial washes that I've used because it's a foaming gel, as opposed to my usual cleansing milks and creams. I've yet to formulate my thoughts on this one, so keep an eye out for a review in a few weeks.

Garnier Simply Essentials Soothing Cleansing Lotion

Another new addition - my Garnier Micellar Water is on the way out, and since I really liked the Decleor Aroma Cleansing Milk a lot, I decided to try out a cheaper version. I'm liking this one so far - it's very similar to the Décleor cleanser as it's a matter of massaging the creamy product into the skin, and removing makeup and all with a cotton pad. It takes a matter of seconds, which is great, and removes almost all of my base makeup - I let the toner to the rest of the job!

Malin + Goetz Grapefruit Face Cleanser

This was a freebie in last month's Elle, and also appeared within the plastic casing of the magazine some time last summer too. It smells really fruity and wonderful. It has a thick gel consistency that you massage into the skin and rinse away. Again, expect to hear more from this one at a later date. I'm planning on taking it and its moisturising counterpart away with me on holidays later this month.

Garnier Express 2-in-1 Eye Makeup Remover

I actually only bought this one in Boots yesterday (for only €2.99 of my Boots card points - hurray for loyalty systems!). I'm pretty intrigued by how it works. It has a two-phase formula. I'm assuming that the purple liquid on top is some kind of cleansing oil, and the clear liquid at the bottom is essentially, like micellar water. You shake the bottle, apply the liquid to a cotton pad and use it to wipe away your eye makeup. I'm curious to see how this one works out, because I've never seen anything like it!



...AND ALL THE REST

Garnier Simply Essentials Soothing Vitamin-Enriched Toner

I reviewed this one only last month, so if you'd like the more in-depth review, check it out here. I'm still loving this, almost more so as a second cleanser, but it's keeping my skin happy so what more could you ask for?

Malin + Goetz Vitamin E Face Moisturiser

I'm really going to miss this one when my little samples run out! It's my favourite moisturiser out of all that I've tried; it leaves my skin so soft and smooth and smelling amazing. An absolute gem.

Lush Grease Lightning Spot Treatment

This hasn't left my skincare routine since I first bought one nearly two years ago! It's a great little spot zapper, and I can't recommend it enough.

La Roche Posay Effaclar Mat Sebo-Regulating Moisturiser

This is another recent addition, and one I'm not quite sure what to make of. It's quite heavy and makes my skin look greasy initially, until it dries and starts peeling off! It's bizarre, but I'm hoping it'll do its job over time and keep my skin and pores under control, and free from shine.

And that's a wrap! That's quite a heavy list, isn't it?

Tell me your summer skincare favourites! Tried any of these?

Ciara x


You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow