Listen & Love #1

10:49


I've been trying to get back into the swing of updating my iPod's library a little more frequently, and trawling through Spotify for new music - for some reason I've been feeling kind of 'out of touch' with the music scene I loved so dearly when I was younger (I can't tell you how many times I searched a band I used to love on Spotify, and found a plethora of new albums I hadn't yet heard, oops). Not only that but I thought I'd incorporate my love of all things music into a monthly blog feature, so here's what I've been loving this September...

Unless you've been living under a rock, you've probably heard of Bring Me The Horizon's latest release, That's The Spirit. I can't say I've paid much attention to BMTH in the last three/four years, but I decided to check this out on Spotify because of all the Twitter hype surrounding it and my god it's so good. Seriously, I'm addicted to this album. Throne, Drown, and True Friends are all highlights but I think recent single Happy Song would be my favourite. I love the mixture of eerie cheerleader chants and that brutally in-your-face chorus - such a gem. 

I've also recently got back into listening to Enter Shikari, having forgotten how much I loved their 2011 album, A Flash Flood Of Colour. For some weird reason I find it somewhat motivational - not only that, but there are some really great songs on there, like Pack of Thieves, Search Party, and Gandhi Mate, Gandhi - and the beautifully written Constellations.

I found The Vaccines' 2012 album Come of Age in the bargain section of HMV earlier in the month and couldn't leave it behind (for a fiver, I mean, c'mon), so it's been on loop quite a lot recently. Highlights including I Wish I Was A Girl, Weirdo and No Hope.




Other than albums, there are a couple of (rather random) standalone songs I've been hooked on this month - Biffy Clyro's 57 , Charli XCX's Famous (I watched her perform this one at Glastonbury - on TV, sadly - and I've been in love ever since), Interpol's Heinrich Maneuver, Brand New's Mene (still kicking myself that I didn't get to see them in Vicar St. earlier this week), Lower Than Atlantis' Here We Go, The Weeknd's Can't Feel My Face (sooo good). A bit of a weird mix, and I probably don't need to tell you that my music taste is more than a little varied...

I've been dabbling in a bit of Tame Impala, Wolf Alice and Chvrches this month, so expect to see them cropping up in next month's feature. I couldn't end this without mentioning one major 'guilty' pleasure - Justin Bieber's What Do You Mean? is seriously addictive. Love it.


What have you been listening to this month? Any recommendations?

Ciara x



You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow